2004 Dodge AWD w/ Hemi

muscleshop

From the Dodge Media site:

For 2004, Dodge Ram gains more versatility with a new full-time four-wheel drive system and electric shift transfer case. The full-time system delivers 48 percent of the torque to the front wheels and 52 percent to the rear wheels under normal driving conditions. The system includes a locking transfer case that features four-wheel drive “high” and “low” modes.

The 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 also has a new “Tow/Haul” feature that provides crisper shifts and reduces gear searching when towing. The system will also select a lower gear in downhill conditions to utilize the engine’s braking capability.

Also for 2004, UConnect™ hands-free cellular with Bluetooth™ technology and a new integrated radio/navigation system will be available in the fall of 2003

1998 - chevy comes out with autotrac

1999 - chevy releases tow/haul mode

2004 - dodge finally does something to match what has been in the market for 5+ years. :sleep:

The point is..... the ONLY thing Chevy could say about "their" sport truck (Silverado SS) was that it was the ONLY one with AWD. Now they cant even say that. So now you can get a "nicely equipped" (tongue in cheek) Dodge with a 345hp Hemi and AWD for under 30,000. Hello GM are you listening???????????

My Hope is that since Chevy has lost it ONLY crutch for the Silverado SS, now they will build it right in the near future. Nothing against people that currently own one, but for the same price I think we would ALL like to have more available power along with other things. Like maybe the OPTION of having AWD, the OPTION of a single cab, etc. I hate to see Dodge being ahead of Chevy in this segment, but they are now, at least for the forseable future.

i have a 03 dodge 1500 slt extended cab as a work truck and its a piece of $hit. the windows dont want to roll down half the time and the interior is cheap. and its pussoe to be one of the upper class trucks that dodge makes... and as for the hemi its not cracked up to whats its supposed to be. i only drive it cause its free....

what you call AWD isnt that. it is the same as what GM calls autotrac. When a wheel slips, the transfer case distributes power to wheels that have traction. It isnt AWD.

Even if the dodge came in at 22k, i still would have bought the chevy. the hemi is crap and its not gonna change

Archived