chasis dyno

FalconPilot

There is a shop down the road from me that has a chasis dyno. You jack the truck up, take all the wheels off (except the spair :jester: ) mount a sensor where each wheel used to be, and make runs. He states that it is safe for the AWD and a very good way to get numbers. Because of the indipendent sensors, wheel base is not a problem

Any thoughts?

Chad

Bingo!!!!! :D

Thanks for the tip on the DynaPack, FalconPilot. :thumbs:

Meridian

It is a bit of a drive out to West Hollywood and a rather pricey at $200 for 2 pulls, but I finally found a dyno for my truck!!!

Although, I kinda wonder about a company that spends more time talking about :

"...Radiant azure showroom displays to its lavishly appointed customer lounge.  The Meridian facility envelopes its clients in an environment of impeccable luxury, and comfort." 

rather than the equipment they have. I wonder if a suit and tie are required? Hollywood :rolleyes:

Sorry I did not get back to you. Was out of town for a day. Don't know if it is the same one or not. I did not look at it yet because they do not have their 6 lug adaptors yet. Should be in this month, then I will do a run and post it

Chad

I still have not purchased LS1Edit. Still waiting for them to get the on board programming thing sorted out. I suppose it is a bit of a waste, but it would be fun to just do the pull as is and see what she's putting out.

I still have not purchased LS1Edit.  Still waiting for them to get the on board programming thing sorted out.  I suppose it is a bit of a waste, but it would be fun to just do the pull as is and see what she's putting out.

The Carputing guys are very close to accomplishing that very task.. And Nah, don't just pull w/o the ability to tune... :confused:

I still have not purchased LS1Edit.  Still waiting for them to get the on board programming thing sorted out

My e-mail from Dave at Carputing on 8/4/03 in reply to my inquiry about LS1-edit for the SS included the following:

As soon as we have completed the in-vehicle

programming (soon, definitely within 2 months) we will officially

release it and add it to our website, and send all existing 03 truck

customers that version.

There is a shop down the road from me that has a chasis dyno. You jack the truck up, take all the wheels off (except the spair :jester: ) mount a sensor where each wheel used to be, and make runs. He states that it is safe for the AWD and a very good way to get numbers. Because of the indipendent sensors, wheel base is not a problem

Any thoughts?

Chad

interesting.... what kind of dyno is this??? I'd like to see more info on it.

Any thoughts?

Chad

I wouldn't think that would be effective. The point of a chassis dyno is to get true hp and tq specs due to the load of the vehicle on the wheels.

Archived