new tuner for me

HOLSTEIN

i was initially going the wait4meperformance route but under the back log and mass quantities of tunes jesse has received i cancelled my order and decided to go w/ a diablo sport....... i know, i know there are alot of bad opinions about these programmers, but i must say i am TOTALLY IMPRESSED w/ the capabilities of this unit.... since my first initial install of the granatelli tune i have changed paramaters in the areas of, top speed limiter, shift pressure, shift quickness, downshift speed/rpm, and upshift speed/rpm................... completly feels like a different truck, it is unreal....seriously the shifts are so hard and it pulls so much harder in first and second.... although i have NEVER had a custom mail order tune, i cant say that this money was ill spent because i am very pleased and can honestly recommend this product........

Yep, mostly tranny stuff is all you get and you think you're getting more power. You would of been better off spending another few hundred and getting tuning software, doing the same with the tranny, and then top it off with some engine parameter changes to actually give you more power.

But, as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

as a novice tuner that is what i would expect, but i do have the capabilities to do spark and fuel mixtures, although i realy dont expect to do any of that YET.... is that what you mean by other stuff, what else would there be to change??? btw got a great deal $199.98 to my door

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would be very cautious about adjusting line pressure via you tuner w/o any mods to support the increased pressure @ the trans. I heard form an expert that this will give you SOTP improvements BUT will end your trans early.

Like others have said get a real tuning software, a shift kit-then you will have better/more tuning abilities. I was thinking about getting a boxed tuner but decided to let someone who know what they are doing mess with it, I heard a story about a guy adjusting a mail order tune and getting .4 in the 1/4 mile, so the gains are more with custom/tuning software.JMO

once you start getting improvments in your truck you will not want to stop:)

Archived