3/4 Drop

BSER

I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to locate it with a search.

I lowerd the truck 2" in the rear with a bell tech shackle and the Bell tech spindles goes gets installed on thurs. I would like to go another inch in front and 2 in the rear.

I've heard there are vibration issues with the 4 inch rear drop; any comment on this would be helpfull.

I want to use the torsion bars for the additonal front drop and was thinking of ordering the Mcgauhys rear hangers for the rear 2".

Any help or comments would be appreciated. I would like to get this done and alligned once if possible.

I used the Mc Gaughys hangers and shackles and got a 4" drop in the rear and have no vibration issues at all :thumbs: . I used drop spindles in the front and twisted my tortion bars around three times, very happy with the drop, does not rub much eather.

Your on the right track just cut one nub off the front bump stops and use some shims to correct the vibration. You will probably need 4* shims.

:withstupid:

My 2/3 drop gave me some vibrations around 75mph and it was easily corrected w/ a set of degree shims... you'd just need a slightly higher degree than I used... Jons probably right about using 4*

I thought I would be safe with just a 2/2 drop but actually noticed a vibration after the install. I installed the drop spindles in front and shackles in back. At 74MPH I could feel it and by 80MPH it was gone. 3 Degree shim took care of it.

I have the bell tech spindles installed and 2" rear shackels. The shackels were a breeze of course but those spindles were a pain; but i got them on and the truck aligned no vibrations or any other issues.

Next I'm gonna install the hangers and check for vibrations again.

Last I will lower the front 1" more with the tortion bars.

I also have new bump stops for the rear to take care of the bottoming issue, happens rarely but it's annoying so I'm gonna take care of it.

I have the bell tech spindles installed and 2" rear shackels.  The shackels were a breeze of course but those spindles were a pain; but i got them on and the truck aligned no vibrations or any other issues.

I also have new bump stops for the rear to take care of the bottoming issue, happens rarely but it's annoying so I'm gonna take care of it.

Cut one nub off of your front bumpstops and you should have no problem getting 1" out of it.

If your looking for 4" in the rear I would just take the bumpstops clear out and not put those useless urethane rocks in. They will just take up 1/2" of suspention travel which you will want because you will be on them all the time. 1/2" doesn't sound like much but it makes all the difference in the world.

I have the bell tech spindles installed and 2" rear shackels.  The shackels were a breeze of course but those spindles were a pain; but i got them on and the truck aligned no vibrations or any other issues.

Cut one nub off of your front bumpstops and you should have no problem getting 1" out of it.

If your looking for 4" in the rear I would just take the bumpstops clear out and not put those useless urethane rocks in. They will just take up 1/2" of suspention travel which you will want because you will be on them all the time. 1/2" doesn't sound like much but it makes all the difference in the world.

I know it makes a difference but i hate that metal to metal bang. No matter what you do you will still botttom out sooner or later. Of course I could C-notch it and solve the problem for good.

I know it makes a difference but i hate that metal to metal bang. No matter what you do you will still botttom out sooner or later. Of course I could C-notch it and solve the problem for good.

You could c-notch it. I have only bottomed out once or twice but thats usually from driving a lowere truck as if it was lifted. :nono:

My truck is a 3/4 drop and I have had tons of issues but then again its worth it for the look you get out of it. I have the McG kit on it with 4" in the back and then the 2" in the front with some keys to take it down another 1" for a 3/4 total. here are the issues and how I fixed them.

1. Stock exhuast hits the axle.

Cut it and run it up front

2. Vibration problems

Pinion shims 4*

3. Driveline rubs on frame cross over tube.

Cut frame tube and re welded for added clerance

4. Bottom out issues

Mini C-notched the frame with Huge jeep Synergy bump stops

Its truley a fine tune game but with these fixes I have a great ride and it looks so much better then the 2/3 drop, its a big difference. I will put on some shocks soon so that my stocks ones are not half way through the stroke already, so I can get a good compession on the shock. I hope this helped out the 3/4 drop questions.

Archived