trans problems (not mine)

This is my dads truck and he has had a lot of problems with his trans lately. Mainly the fact that it has a very very wimpy shift you can't even feel it, it seems to almost slid into the next gear. This all started when the thing would shift into overdrive and get stuck there. The dealer said "oh no problem we will clean the valve body and it will be fine". Well it was for about a day and it started doing it again so he took it back to the dealer and they replaced the valve body. Now it has no shift feel at all. I have tried everything as far as programming goes figuring it just needed a bit of help and nothing seems to be helping very much. He took it back to the dealer and they said well as far as we can tell there is nothing wrong with the trans but if you are not satified with the way it shifts we will send it to a local shop where the guy who will do the work has over 30 years experience with GM transmissions and we will pay to have him make it shift the way you want! :eek: I was shocked to hear this. So tomorrow I am going to try a few more things with the programming and if that doesn't work he is going to let them do whatever they feel it needed to make this thing shift better! Now thats customer service :thumbs:

(Way to go Mountain View Chevrolet :thumbs::thumbs: )

my buddies truck did that but it was an allison with an 8.1L, theres a computer on the side of the tranny that had a crack in it and there was a bunch of dirt and moisture in there. He blew it out with some compressed air and it worked fine after that... Not sure if the light duty trans has one but i thought this could help :happysad:

Archived