Tire Siping

CHIEFZUSAF

Used to do this all the time up north. It provided better grip on ICE. Truckers up north do it all the time to help reduce heat build up which if not watched closely causes recapped tires to seperate.

Do it, you won't regret it.....

This is not a freebie, there is a cost (other than money) associated with siping. You should be sure you have the right kind of tire to do this on. Siping takes a long time and can cost $$$. Your tires will wear more quickly. Little things can get caught in between the sipes. Pieces of your tire can come off. This list goes on. If you're set on siping for winter tires or ice, best to get tires that come siped from the mfr.

if your dealing with snow and ice, there's no price on your safety, siping is a good way to get extra grip on snow, ice and wet surfaces. Siping has its ups and downs, but i highly recomend it being from montana

I've heard that it works great for wet, snowy, icey weather, but not for dry climates. Like where I live.

I don't really see the point in siping them then, save you money or buy a good tire with siping built into the tread if you really want it. Extra siping I think will just cause you problems with wear and the overall life of your rubber. Hope this helps... :thumbs:

Archived