Any 4-linked SS yet?

creederado

Ther's a few companies namely Airride and KP components that make bolt-on 4 link kits for 1500 Silverados,

Anyone use them on the SSS? wether using coil overs or bags,

I reliez a lot of it would be custom and have had a 4link in my other truck.

Just throwing out there, Not much came up in a search.

According to AIR Ride there kit would have the truck driving height (bags inflated) similiar to a 4-5 inch rear drop.

airbar.jpg

Thanks

I don't know of anyone that has done one but if the dirving height is the same as a 4-5 inch drop then we have to figure out how to drop the front another 2-3 inches to make is look normal and not totaly nose high.

Does any one know if the escalade rear 5 link will bolt up to our trucks? It should!

Stacy (from Trucks on Spike TV) did an install of a bagged 4 link into a regular cab Gibbs (I believe it was) Silverado. It was the bolt in C-notch kit from Air Ride I believe. Like any C-notch kit is really a "bolt in" though, because it still requires quite a bit of fabrication skill. Haven't seen it on reruns yet, but I'll tape it when I do so that I can go back and pull all of the details out. Goes lower and handles better than anything you can do with the stock leafs, plus can actually help increase load ratings in some cases! :cool:

Saw it awhile ago.

I did a 4 link on my S-10 but was a lot differant to work with.

The Bars on the C1500 airide kit are a certian length so the rear would be riding around (inflated)to low to match a 2" drop front I think on a SSS.

Airirde couldn't give me a definant answer.

They reffered to as the ride height of the rear as being a 4-5" drop.

The Driveshafts might hit being larger in Dia than a c1500.

It may just be better to run a custom 4-link with coil over setup.

That would save on weight and the hassel of cutting up the console for airgauges lines etc..

I have all winter to figure it out I guess. :eek:

I recently talked to Art at GOEZ customs (the premiere bag and hydro shop around here) and he gave me a quote for doing a KP 6 link rear w/ air... still trying to decide if I'm gonna do it or not. He said its really no different than doing anyother silverado and it should ride really nice.

Kp kit is nice, The tech mentioned it would be about a 5 rear drop though at inflated ride height.

My goal is a 2" drop in the front with stock tires using spindles. I think it looks perfect considering the size of the truck.

Than making the ass sit level w/the front whether that requires 4" or 3.5 to acomplish.

Once I have that done, securing the axle to the frame temporarily(temp welds) making sure evrything is lined up and the driveshaft angle stays true.

Than Remove the leaf springs and installing a 4 link so the drive hieght is the same as it was before. The brackets usually allow 1 " adjustability.

Wether its coils or bags it would be alot easier with a wrench than a welder but its looking more like a welder and custom fitting.

:thumbs:

I recently talked to Art at GOEZ customs (the premiere bag and hydro shop around here) and he gave me a quote for doing a KP 6 link rear w/ air...

How much does something like this cost? Even a four link w/ springs?

Korey

GMC is sold, I havn't gotten rid of the cardomain page yet.

I was able to keep the 05 fans, tonneau, subs and intake to use on the SS.

I Finally was able to buy an SS and got a good deal I think. The Truck was cherry and it has 20,00 miles.

I don't drive the step side between Dec-April.

I'd sell it but theres no market for it in upstate NY.

Either the SS or the stepside will be having a 4 link by next spring.

I kinda wanted the do the SS because its a virgin suspension.

The stepside has 4" Hotckis Leafs, Hotchkis sway bar, Qa1 shocks and Caltracs so it's about the best a leaf spring setup can get.

:eek:

Archived