Dead stop peddle mash.

Luthier_1

Couldn't all the original post be from the drive-by-wire design?

I have to say, I dont have an SS but I have an 03 reg cab 4x4 with the 4.8 and a 5 speed. Lemme tell you 'bout drive by wire...its a great idea, but somewhat poor execution, you think you have a delay try it with a manual, its like you have to give it gas before any clutch release, launches are unpredictable, after six months its smoothed out some but I still dont like it...it really pissed me off today. Anyways, the delay is there, at least for me, I like the dbw because it makes the cruise work well with up and down 1 mph increments and no cruise stuff to break, but they need some tuning work or something. Surely they could have made it a little more sensitive no? Is there away to get this programmed out?

I pondered that maybe there could be a way to have a switch connected where you could just flip it into WOT... is this possible??? I also know what you mean on ful/part throttle. When i go over speed bumps and accidentally bump the pedal it jerks me and from a stop it is just like "Ok... now what?" I like getting it to about 30-35 and punching it. Throws me back in the seat!

Archived