tranny problems

I was late for work this morning so i was in a hurry. Pulled out onto a 2-lane road and tried to pass the car in front of me. I floored it, RPM's shot up, but the truck didn't go. I heard some very loud grinding noises, then smelled something burning. I let off the gas, the truck slammed back into gear, then drove like normal the rest of the way to work.

Anybody have any ideas on this one? i'll be calling the dealer today to talk to them about it.

I want to note that i do have a pcm4less tune with most torque management eliminated and firmer shifts.

:chevy: Better check the fluid for burnt smell. No codes? Maybe even drop the pan, and check/change the filter. Did you buy the truck new? Warranty left? Don't mention to them about the t/m. If you're out of warranty, you might check Colusci Transmission in Canonsburg. They did my shift kit/servos, and seemed real knowledgeable about these 4l60/65 E trans. Better get that straightened out before the Radix install. If you DO need trans work, might look into some upgrades, and shift kit/servos. With a little work that 65 should be a good unit.

make sure you get your transmission issue taken care of through your dealership before you put the super charger on. your bands could just be slipping on WOT, servos and shift kit will help out with that. and as always don't let the dealer know of your pcm tune. how many miles do you have on the truck?

have 18K miles on it. i called the dealer today, i'm having them look at it this friday. it's still under warranty.

no CEL, i don't know about codes though, i don't have a scanner

i made no mention of the pcm tune to the dealer, and won't either. though, my dealer does know i plan on supercharging it. i'll make sure that they are aware of the tranny problem started before the supercharger gets installed.

:chevy: Better check the fluid for burnt smell. No codes? Maybe even drop the pan, and check/change the filter. Did you buy the truck new? Warranty left? Don't mention to them about the t/m. If you're out of warranty, you might check Colusci Transmission in Canonsburg. They did my shift kit/servos, and seemed real knowledgeable about these 4l60/65 E trans. Better get that straightened out before the Radix install. If you DO need trans work, might look into some upgrades, and shift kit/servos. With a little work that 65 should be a good unit.

what kind of upgrades should i be looking into? i know absolutely nothing about transmissions. Obviously a shift kit, and every one talks about servos, but i don't know what those are or do? what other upgrades are there? i could probably spend about a grand on my tranny. alot of folks are doing torque converters that stall? i don't know what that means but i do tow occasionally and heard that i should not do a converter if i tow?

Archived