New sub box/seat combo

Alright, I have came to the conclusion that this plan will make me the happiest. So I think im just gonna do one sub in the middle facing up or angled forward and then put the port above or below it. Im gonna have seats on each side. If anybody has any ideas or drawings, please give to me cuz I wanna make sure i do this right. I have a kx1200, to give you an idea of which sub I should get and what kind of airspace I need for it. I think I might end up goin with either a Fosgate T2 or Diamond D9. Can anybody give me some info on the seats that are in the back of the trans ams becuz I think I might try to put them back there.

:dunno: Just give ANY idea becuz this will be the last setup I do, thanks!

I WISH I could afford this!!

I would get a duplicate console like whats in the front with the storage compartment and all, hack out the bottom and enclose the sub inside it. That way it all looks continuous and factory. Obviously it would be much harder than I just made it sound but I think that would be sweet with the back having buckets just like a four door with a factory looking console. And of course Id go with the diamond hidden under there. I only have the D3's and I love em.

Dan Ill draw something up tomorrow and Post it for you. I almost did this in my own truck but did the blow through instead.

The local apolstry shop said I could make the whole thing out of wood and they would stich fabric and put down seat foam to make it look more like a seat back there!

Thatll be great!  I am gonna go talk to a shop and see what they can do.  Did that shop say that they could match the leather?

My audio guy has a matching vinyl that looks really close if not perfect!

I am sure a local apolstry shop will have the same thing.

THe first pic is just 2 12 split right down the middle and a large slot port on either side of the split, This set up would hammer so hard.

If you think that you need more air space after you measure everything out then you can use the other drawing and incorporate your center console into the picture, with this set up you could probably do 3 12's in a large enclosure, all facing up or hide them facing down too!!!

I would do the center console idea, just cause it is so unique and custom, I wish I lived down there, we could crank that out in a weekend and send it off to the upolstry shop!!

JOE :cheers:

Thanks! You always pull through! 

So I guess Im gonna go with the second design but Im not sure what I wanna do for the center console.  Should I go with two Diamond D6s?  Whats the rms on them?

I Have Diamond Audio D6's in my truck, They are a great SQ sub that can play really low and loud. Not as loud as some of those SPL subs, but they do play loud!

I am running 1000 to each one and they are loving it right now!

RMS Is 600, MAX is 1200 watts.

They might be the clearest but definitly not the loudest.  But thanks for the suggestion.

I would say that two 10's the hit in the mid 140's is pretty loud. I have heard alot of subs since I have gotten into car audioand read alot of reviews and there isn't much that compares with w7's.

I could name a few that could be louder...........Fosgate.......Treo........I think even Audiobahn has one or two that are louder but Im not saying JL is bad. JL is just more for SQ not SPL even tho they do ok at it. I have thought about getting JL but its too expensive for me and im not into SQ that much

Archived