Got the Truck back 30 minutes ago from Custom Shop

MustBBrent

Brent,

Where did you buy the electric fans from and for how much, I am looking to get them, but was hoping for a good deal. Also was that $600 dollar price with the throttle body spacer, and labor for installation?? I was planning on doing it myself. Thanks for the anticipated reply :thumbs:

Brent,

Where did you buy the electric fans from and for how much, I am looking to get them, but was hoping for a good deal.  Also was that $600 dollar price with the throttle body spacer, and labor for installation??  I was planning on doing it myself.  Thanks for the anticipated reply  :thumbs:

Alrighty, The $600 was buying the E-fans through the Custom Shop, here in Austin Tx that bought them, upped the price to stay in business, and installed them for me, included. The TB Spacer was $100 gone through the same formula by the same shop. They couldn't handle the underdrive pulleys. I bought those myself from TByrne for about $280??? and took them to a performance shop near Lake Travis and had them installed for $80.

After a quick Google search:

This Stillen pulley replaces the stock crank pulley with a smaller diameter and lighter weight unit. The belts are driven more slowly, diverting less power from the wheels. I side benefit is longer accessory life. These pulleys are not recommended for use in extreme conditions of where electrical requirements are high (like some of your 10 million watt stereo systems!). Instructions included, and the alternate belt listed must be used. 84-87 Turbos come in black only, 90-96's come in black, blue, or red. Specify model and color when ordering.

Machined from a solid piece of Aircraft Grade 6061-T651Aluminum Machined on the same equipment that has made parts to fix the Hubble Space Telescope and makes other parts for NASA Space Missions. This enables us to provide very high quality. The pulley provides a 30% under drive, the lowest available for a Neon, but still operates fine under normal driving conditions. This reduces the power lost to the accessories. Light weight, the AF/X Pulley weighs only 3 pounds, a full 2 pounds lighter than a production pulley.  We figured if you ever need to remove the AF/X Pulley for any reason, that would wouldn't want to have to rent that special tool again, so we engineered in the ability to use a standard harmonic balance puller to remove the AF/X Pulley

Bolt on 8-10 horses! Steeda underdrive pulleys give back the power and torque your belt-driven power accessories steal. These pulleys slow down your accessories about 25%, reducing the the drag on your engine. They even bump up gas mileage and increase accessory life. Comes compete with all hardware and instructions.

With underdrive pulleys, your accessories will be driven approximately 20% slower at all engine speeds. This typically translates into insufficient alternator output to charge the battery at the normal engine idle. The air conditioning will also be weak at normal idle speed. Your headlights will dim at idle speeds as well.

Auto Specialties underdrive pulleys increase engine horsepower by reducing the amount of power required to drive external engine accessories. For example, the alternator, power steering, water pump and air compressor rob horsepower from the engine. By replacing factory-sized crank and accessory drive pulleys with a resized pulley, the accessories are slowed, resulting in more horsepower available to the drive wheels. Typically, a set of Auto Specialties street pulleys will increase horsepower by 12-15, resulting in quarter mile time improvement of .2-.25 seconds. All pulleys are manufactured from Billet Steel or Aluminum, exceeding factory quality.

One of my favorite web pages had nothing on them :(

How Stuff Works

Note: None of the above is specific to the SS.

Archived