Front Hangers

KoreySS

I put on a set of rear shackles this weekend and turned my torsion bolts to lower the SS. It looks great, howerver i would like to level it a little, i did not purchase a kit, just shackles, can i purchase JUST some 2" hangers, i cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Korey

Edit: Just found some, thanks anyway!!!!

Korey

Have fun with the hangers.  :cheers:

Thanks man! :thumbs: I'm debating on wether or not this is what i want to do, the truck seems to sit fairly level, i'm hoping i can put on the hangers and it will be perfect w/ just torsion bolt turns in the front. Not really wanting to do spindles, any thoughts. Will i set level w/ hangers/ shackles out back, and torsion bar turns up front??? Thanks in advance!

Korey

If you were to bring the rear down another inch you can easily get another inch out of the front without keys if you go 2 inches in the rear you can get 2 inches up front with keys and then adjusting the keys.

Thanks. My buddy and i were looking at it today and i decided to do hangers and new keys. I was wondering how hard the torsion key installation is and how much they cost. Thanks in advance

Korey

If you were to bring the rear down another inch you can easily get another inch out of the front without keys if you go 2 inches in the rear you can get 2 inches up front with keys and then adjusting the keys.

Thanks. My buddy and i were looking at it today and i decided to do hangers and new keys. I was wondering how hard the torsion key installation is and how much they cost. Thanks in advance

Korey

With the correct tool it's very easy to change the keys. You might want to check the for sale section I saw a set not to long ago for a pretty good price.

Korey

With the correct tool it's very easy to change the keys. You might want to check the for sale section I saw a set not to long ago for a pretty good price.

I will do that, thanks. What tool are you reffering to, and is it an abnormal one?

Korey :thumbs:

Korey

Are you refering to an unloading tol? How nessisary is it to have this tool? Can it be done w/o it? Could you also tell me what exactly the tool does?

Korey

Korey

Are you refering to an unloading tol? How nessisary is it to have this tool? Can it be done w/o it? Could you also tell me what exactly the tool does?

Korey

When you look at the key you will see the hex hole which the tortion bar fits into and then there are dimples on the bottom one at the small end is for the adjuster bolt and the other is to use the tortion key tool I dunno an exact name. it will push up far enough to allow you to run the bolt all the way out and pull the retainer or nut it thats what ya wanna call it that the bolt was threaded through then unload the tool and the key will fall out. do this in reverse to install the new keys. This must be done on jack stands. I have a universal puller that I use and it works very well but not as well as the correct tool would. if you choose to use a universal puller pay a lot of attention to be sure it's never getting close to slipping off with then amunt of tention you will have on it.

A little suggestion, you might try to get s few of your friends over and pull the bed off the truck. It is basically held on with 8 bolts. It will make it much easier to grind/torch the rivets out of the hangers. A friend and I pulled the bed off his truck in less than 20 minutes. Just will make it easier IMO.

Any probs w/ toe-in and bad inner tire wear on the front tires by going the "key" route? Just a thought.

Any probs w/ toe-in and bad inner tire wear on the front tires by going the "key" route? Just a thought.

as with any front end suspention mods you will need an alignment

as with any front end suspention mods you will need an alignment

I'm just courious Jon, i LOVE the way your truck sits, what route did you take to get yours that way. Beautiful truck man

Archived