Why magnacharger

I saw a 2003 5.3 with a magna charger run tonite and it was running in the high 14s and i really wasn't inpressed at all and his truck was running hot. the guy was happy with it so i guess thats all that matters. I talked to a few guys and they didn't recomend a roots type at all. most of them said a vortec was probably the best one to go with. so i really dont know what i want to put on mine. for the ones who have chargers leave some info why you picked the ones you did. thanks

First ask yourself what you want the supercharger for. If you want it for drag racing, then a centrifugal, like the Vortec is the ticket. If you want that kick in the pants off the line for every day driving fun and towing, a roots or screw type is the way to go.

I chose the Magnacharger over the Whipple, because Whipple does not have an intercooler available yet. I think the screw compressor of the Whipple is superior to the roots type, but an intercooler is needed in either case to cope with summer weather.

Until Whipple, gets their intercooler finished the Magnacharger Radix is the king, IMHO

For lots of good reading on superchargers, check out the tech articles and forum at

www.superchargersonline.com

and the forum

www.ls1tech.com

has a great "Forced Induction" and "V8 Truck Performance" sections where you can see specific examples of supercharger installs and info.

Archived