Opinions & Suggestions

haul@ss

Ok well I'm totally new to all this audio stuff... but my friend has 2 12" subs by Concept

They do marine audio also..

To me, they sound pretty good but wut the hell do i know... he got hooked up with these for $125 each...

Now he's telling me that he can most likely get me 2 of these for about the same price

Im not one to totally blast 24/7... and the stock system sounds nice... on the inside.. but when i turn it almost all the way up, you cant even here the bass on the outside! and i just feel stupid doing so... :banghead:

so heres the deal... I want some subs, probably 2 10s that are pretty decent, but wont cost me more than 200 each. I dont know all that spl/sq stuff... I just want something that bumps while cruising haha :driving::cool:

Also, what kind of amp do you suggest? my friend got a poweracoustics or whatever for very cheap but he said it was crap... again, not too pricey please maybe <200?...

TIA :chevy:

Ok well I'm totally new to all this audio stuff... but my friend has 2 12" subs by Concept

They do marine audio also..

To me, they sound pretty good but wut the hell do i know... he got hooked up with these for $125 each...

Now he's telling me that he can most likely get me 2 of these for about the same price

Im not one to totally blast 24/7... and the stock system sounds nice... on the inside.. but when i turn it almost all the way up, you cant even here the bass on the outside! and i just feel stupid doing so...  :banghead:

so heres the deal... I want some subs, probably 2 10s that are pretty decent, but wont cost me more than 200 each. I dont know all that spl/sq stuff... I just want something that bumps while cruising haha  :driving:  :cool:

Also, what kind of amp do you suggest? my friend got a poweracoustics or whatever for very cheap but he said it was crap... again, not too pricey please maybe <200?...

TIA :chevy:

I can understand why you want the neighborhood to hear you bass, BUT if it sounds good to you, who cares what all the others think. Ah who am I kidding? 2 10's in and underseat box should run you about 220 for decent subs (both) and a box is between 150-225 depending on the shop that builds it. then you have all the wiring and things that go with the amp and the amp itself. Now I will warn you of this, UNLESS you go to the extremes that Joe has in his SS (6.0SS) our trucks really do not have the transfer to get the sound outside of the vehicle. so you still might not get the BOOM as the hatchbacks and ricers do as they cruise your streets at 3 a.m. those are my thoughts on this subject. If you have other questions let me know. also let us know what you come up with. and I am an MTX audio NUT. that is what I would recomend but to each his own.

I can understand why you want the neighborhood to hear you bass, BUT  if it sounds good to you, who cares what all the others think.

I agree here... If you like it buy it, you are the only one you have to please.

alright thanks guys. i know it shouldnt matter, but i still feel kinda stupid blasting the thing and knowing only i can hear it.. haha... but yeah

anyone else have any opinions or suggestions on the concepts or any other specific subs?

i hear diamonds are good but i cant find anywhere with the prices....

Hey guys...

Subs...... Ill say the same thing Popper did.. If they need chicks in there ads it means there equipment is not selling its self.

MTX is great stuff, sounds good plays really loud.

Diamond is nice. The M3 line is less than 100$ a sub and a bunch of guys on here are using them. (I drive GTP) (Loui1313) (BlackySS) and more that I can't think off the top of my head.

Also.. don't do what other people want you do to.. Do what you want to do and do it for yourself. you will be happiest that way. You can always take advice on gear, but listen first!!! ALWAYS! Good gear speaks for its self usually!

Alpine, Phoenix, MTX, JL, all make budget amps that will hold up and see the test of time. I think that MTX has the best budget amps out there, I used to run the Blue thunder line and that amp always amazed me with its out put.

When Buying an amp make sure that each sub is getting its RMS power or more. It will play best that way! I gota run.. going to a movie.. Good luck with your decision and feel free to ask more questions, Popper is a more knowlegable person that I am and I know he will always answer your questions.. Great guy to ask!

Hey guys...

Subs...... Ill say the same thing Popper did.. If they need chicks in there ads it means there equipment is not selling its self.

MTX is great stuff, sounds good plays really loud.

Diamond is nice. The M3 line is less than 100$ a sub and a bunch of guys on here are using them.  (I drive GTP) (Loui1313) (BlackySS) and more that I can't think off the top of my head.

Also.. don't do what other people want you do to..  Do what you want to do and do it for yourself.  you will be happiest that way.  You can always take advice on gear, but listen first!!! ALWAYS!  Good gear speaks for its self usually! 

Alpine, Phoenix, MTX, JL, all make budget amps that will hold up and see the test of time.  I think that MTX has the best budget amps out there, I used to run the Blue thunder line and that amp always amazed me with its out put. 

When Buying an amp make sure that each sub is getting its RMS power or more.  It will play best that way!  I gota run.. going to a movie.. Good luck with your decision and feel free to ask more questions,  Popper is a more knowlegable person that I am and I know he will always answer your questions..  Great guy to ask!

I agree with all of the above, EXCEPT the end, I am never willing to help!! ah just kiddin. ask away... some day I will get my pics of the SS system up. and maybe the car too...

Check out the new jl w1's.  They are awesome subs for the price.  JL's e series amps are good amps for the price too.  Also clarion makes some very inexpensive but good sub amps.

I will agree that the JL is good, But Everytime I have replaced them with a Diamond, Alpine or MTX leaving everything else the same they have played louder. lower and cleaner than the JL. (I used to be a JL fan, and they make good product, but for the cash, there are better options.

I wish IdriveGTP (ROB) would chime in, he can tell you the exact differnces in his swap from a blown JL to a CM3 Diamond.

lots of good info! still open to opinions... also i know wiring plays a big part so what is good wire wise? as you can see.. i am a newb at all this. oh and do i need to buy anything else like alternator/battery? I want a new deck but will decide later....

I can help you out with the accesories but not the product.  if you need wire or interfaces I can get you deal let me know

hmm.. what kind of deal? :D im very interested...

i dont think i should install myself haha... i mean, i can do computers, but im a total newb to anything car/audio related... i know some people that can probably help me with the install though so we'll see...

also, i found some diamond subs on ebay for pretty daym cheap! but i dont know if these are the ones you guys are talking about... diamond audio

is the d6 a lot better than the d3? it says the d3 is 500 rms 1000 max, and the d6 is 400/800?? yet the d6 is more expensive... im guessing they got it mixed up...

if you guys dont mind, can you suggest which productline from mtx, pheonix, and diamond are good? like octane/xenon d6/d3 or anything else.

TIA guys. i really appreciate it! :chevy:

ok i did a lot more research and talked to some people... and i came to the conclusion that i want 2 10's with 500w RMS and 1000 max.. most likely the diamond d6... but i couldnt remember if i should get the dual 4 or 2 ohm... can someone please help me?

and i found this on ebay... Good deal or not? i found some cheaper ones but do the prices sound a bit right? around $150? d6 on ebay

or maybe these? 2 DIAMOND AUDIO CM310D4 10" DVC SUBWOOFERS NEW M3 SUBS $159

are these better than the d6 or no? im guessin the max of these is 1000w... but then again the d6 have better Frequency Response at 23-250Hz while the cm3 have 28-250..

please feel free to comment and suggest anything. :chevy:

Archived