aftermarket radio in center dash

hey guys i got an single din alpine pop out monitor that i wana put inthe truck but wana keep the stock radio in there for a lil bit..  willl the single din fit in that little slot securly?  if not what will i have to do to make it? thanks

Just get the dash kit and harness, replace the factory unit. I have mine set-up that way.

Before you buy the interface, just try using the remote that comes with the head unit for awhile. I thought I would never get use to not having my steering wheel controls but after awhile I started to like my remote better. And I believe the interface is 100$.

Before you buy the interface, just try using the remote that comes with the head unit for awhile. I thought I would never get use to not having my steering wheel controls but after awhile I started to like my remote better. And I believe the interface is 100$.

I've used it and I much prefer my steering wheel controls, just a quick thumb push and the volume is down so on and so forth. Easier than reaching over and snagging the remote which may have moved from a bumpy ride or something. Just my opinion.

I've used it and I much prefer my steering wheel controls, just a quick thumb push and the volume is down so on and so forth. Easier than reaching over and snagging the remote which may have moved from a bumpy ride or something. Just my opinion.

Ok, heres my .02. First off, talk to fast4popper for the interfaces... he will save you BIG $$$

secondly. If your looking to put something in the lower console where the lighter sockets are. I can speak from experience Joe 6.0ss makes awesome replacements. I'm not sure if a single din will fit in there or not. I thought about getting a pop out monitor as well but I decided on an alpine 6.5" headrest monitor and I LOVE IT. I'm so glad I went that route. If you already have the pop out I can understand why you'd not wanna spend the extra cash. But if nothing else, talk to fast4popper. I got all the aux inputs and apline bypass modules from him. For me, I use them to add dvd sound to the bose factory radio. The one I had had aux inputs so the 2nd input I hooked up my ipod! Definately worth the money. I hope this post helped. Chad

Thanks Chad..

I can for sure make a panel that will hold that pop out screen.

But the best way to go is to replace your factory deck if you bought a TV/DVD flip out deck..

Joe

You don't have to thank me. If I wasn't 100% happy with it I wouldn't put the word out like I do! For anyone who doesn't know- Joe does AWESOME work! I have pics if anyone is interested. :cheers: It's too bad there was sooo much room in the 4500. We put a 7 inch widescreen up in the overhead console with a backup camera. It looks badass. Now I want one in the 2500 duramax!!! There just isnt any room without replacing the deck. I don't wanna spend 1500.

This isn't the place to post this... but since were on the topic- if anyone has a cheap cheap dbl din monitor/dvd or even a flip out let me know :D

Archived