new tires

shadowsniper3006

hey all,

I know this topic has been brought up many times but i need some info and some opinions. I've been doing as much research as i can and here is what i came up with.

BFG g-force TA KDW 285/55/20 32.3x11.2

weighs 40 pounds is not snow rated

cheapest i can find $865 shipped

kumho ECSTA STX 305/45/20 30.7x11.8

weighs 46 lbs snow rated

cheapest price $913 shipped

Kumho ECSTA STX 305/50/20 31.2x12.4

weighs 49 lbs snow rated

on sale $592 shipped

Toyo Proxes S/T 285/50/20 31.2x11.2

couldn't find weight, all season tire

cheapest price 749.68 shipped

nitto NT-404 295/50/20 31.6x11.6

couldn't find weight, all season

cheapest price $692 shipped

Nitto 420S 295/50/20 31.6x11.6

couldn't find weight, not listed as all season

cheapest price $764 shipped

Stock 275/55/20 31.9x10.8

weighs 40 lbs

so my questions are: does any one know the weights of the tires i am missing? And does any one use any of those tires in the snow? If it is not all season or rated for snow, should i even try it. I'm not worried about traction for driving straight, just turning if the tire getts loaded up with snow or something.

I was thinking about getting the 305/50 kumho because of the price, and i read a lot of people here like them, but they weigh 9 pounds more then our stock tires, 36 pounds more, and i think rotating weight is times 4, so thats about a tenth slower in the quarter......The bfg's are rated at 40lbs but not snow rated. I'm thinking about the proxes or 404 now, but don't know what they weigh. The 420s are a killer looking tire, but not sure how it would handle snow either, and it's about the same price as the proxes. So....what do you guys think, whats your $.02??

Thanks

Brad

i got a quote today for the bfg kdw for $824 shipped,

i think i'm going with the nitto 404, the bfg's weigh 40 pounds and are 32.3x11.2. The 404's are 31.6x 11.6 so they have to be around 40 pounds. They are all season rated so they should work out. I'd sure like the bfg's or 420s though

I'm looking at the Bridgestone Dueler HP. Any opinions?

I have these and I think they are pretty good. Has a good smooth ride after replacing my stock tires after 40K. Has a pretty good looking tread also. paid 625 mounted w/ lifetime rotations and flats fixed

I have almost 42K on the original Goodyears. This is the first set of Goodyears (I've had 3 sets on different cars) that have been any good. I really can't complain, thet've been good tires. I just don't want to take my chances with any more GYs. :crackup:

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with those.

i just ordered the nitto 404's last night, total of 680 shipped. I have 35,000 on my stock tires. They measure 8/32's right now, so there would be plenty of life left if the front tires didn't go bad and go out of round. I'm not sure how it happened but i can ball park when it happened. I took a winding on ramp at 75mph and think i folded the front tires, or at least thats the only thing that makes sense.

Brad

Archived