Magna flow

orlando

magnaflow offers just the muffler. All in all, i have the cat back system, i just put different tips on it so they go through the bumper, kind of stealth. You can just get a corsa muffler but it costs about 250, kind of pricy if you ask me. but what are you trying to go for, performance, or just a gool exhaust note

magnaflow offers just the muffler.  All in all, i have the cat back system, i just put different tips on it so they go through the bumper, kind of stealth.  You can just get a corsa muffler but it costs about 250, kind of pricy if you ask me.  but what are you trying to go for, performance, or just a gool exhaust note

Both whould be ideal! I will be useing my truck for towing 5 days a week,so under load I don't want it to be to loud. I see flow master has alot of choises. I desided a straight thru design won't work for me. So far I've looked at flo-pro and flowmaster any other ideas? :dunno:

magnaflow offers just the muffler.  All in all, i have the cat back system, i just put different tips on it so they go through the bumper, kind of stealth.  You can just get a corsa muffler but it costs about 250, kind of pricy if you ask me.  but what are you trying to go for, performance, or just a gool exhaust note

Both whould be ideal! I will be useing my truck for towing 5 days a week,so under load I don't want it to be to loud. I see flow master has alot of choises. I desided a straight thru design won't work for me. So far I've looked at flo-pro and flowmaster any other ideas? :dunno:

I will be removing my Magnaflows and looking into these:

http://www.flopro.com/FP2500oval.htm

Everyone has there opinion of what is loud and sounds good. What you might want to think about since your in this truck 5 days a week is the interior sound. Mine is wearing on me to the point of me cutting it off very soon. Just some advice. Resonance sucks!! Also, there is a video of a SS with a Flopro 2504, check it out.

I will be removing my Magnaflows and looking into these:

http://www.flopro.com/FP2500oval.htm

Everyone has there opinion of what is loud and sounds good. What you might want to think about since your in this truck 5 days a week is the interior sound. Mine is wearing on me to the point of me cutting it off very soon. Just some advice. Resonance sucks!! Also, there is a video of a SS with a Flopro 2504, check it out.

How come theres no internal shots like the flowmasters ;) web site?

with the magnaflow cat back system, if you put on welded tips and angle them sidways out the back (i used the 8"rectangular camaro tips to do this and cut the bumper so it is flush) you will have a sweet roar out the back, but towing and driving you hear almost nothing inside the car. the system comes with two resonators and one muffler to shut it up inside. I tow a 32 in boat and a 4 place snowmobile trailer and if the radio is on a little bit there is almost no resonance. the only sweet spot is at about 1700 rpm. Flowmaster will be loud on our trucks, especially if you make it duels

I have the Flopro dual 3" in/out muffler and I like it alot. It set me back about $240 installed with piping dumped under the bed. I'm not sure how it sounds compared to a full Magnaflow catback system with the resonators though.

I have the magnaflow single out cat back ehaust system, and I really dont care for it. One I wanted something a bit louder, and two under full acceration, it has a whistle. Im not sure if it's the tip or something to do with the exhaust itself. There is a drone to it as well, right around 1800-2000 rpm, this range is 70mph on the highway, so be aware that if you are going to tow and ride at 70mph the drone may drive you nuts.

I curious on this also. I've searched several sites attempting to find out if the drone with the 6.0 systems is with the "with resonator" models Part #s 15838 (single side exit) or 15840 (split dual rear exit). For those that have the catback - is it the older model w/o resonator that results in drone on the 6.0 or does the newer with resonator models also drone? Thanks

I curious on this also. I've searched several sites attempting to find out if the drone with the 6.0 systems is with the "with resonator" models Part #s 15838 (single side exit) or 15840 (split dual rear exit). For those that have the catback - is it the older model w/o resonator that results in drone on the 6.0 or does the newer with resonator models also drone? Thanks

I think every exhaust system has some sort of drone in the 1500-2000ish rpm range. I notice mine a bit around town but not at all on the interstate. I also have mine dumped under the bed which makes it a bit worse. The shop who installed mine says that he sees it with all the 6.0s and 8.1s. He recommended the Flopro for this reason. I drive my truck daily around town and am constantly in the drone rpm range at 25-35 mph. I'm not bothered by my FloPro system at all.

Archived