update on twin turbo setup

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the exhaust done today and played around with it a bit.  It feels way quicker than I had expected.  Runs great on that tune so far but I know Zippy will make it much better.

...I'm drooling on my keyboard here...

guys words cant express how i feel about this truck!! let me tell you it was well worth the wait. i have rode in some very fast cars.. i can say this truck is quick.. im not just saying that because its mine but it is just awsome!! we should have had the video camara with us today but we were to excited lol to get any footage. the turbo whistle the the wastegates talking the bov going off!! im just in awww!! i promise some footage very very soon.. again i would like to thank brett for all his hard work and time he has spent on this..

hope to see you guys at the show this weekend. for the ones that arnt going to get there lots of pics will be posted..

here is a half way decent pic at teh show of the motor.. also can someone tell me how to post vid i should have a vid with sound this coming weekend.. the pic is kindof dark sorry guys for that.. but u get the jist of it. ss ls1 saw it in person..

post-6405-1137443581_thumb.jpg

OK.. You've had a couple of days to post up the vids..  Don't pull a Stexx on us!  :jester:

the truck was at autorama all weekend.. ill post vids saturday night or sunday pending weather.. i need to figure out how to post vids.. is it the same as posting a pic???

How much boost are you planning to run when you squeeze the trigger on the nitrous? Also, I may have overlooked it, but what are your mods to your trans?

gonna start out at 6lbs of boost.. also gonna start out with a 50 shot.. as far as tranny zippy is the one building that with out the obvious updates with a tb converter, should hold a good amount of hp

So.. you goin Parish hunting or what!

haha

no ill let him do his own thing ill do mine.. my goals are to run mid 11's with the truck and leave it at that.. course few other mods will help that out.. boosted is also looking into fabricating a new intake for the truck.. looking into heads possibly definetly a cam is instore.. time and money will see what happens next. want to get some times on the base kit before we tear back into it.. our plan from the begining was to have a nice setup that runs well. this kit totally exceeded that by far. we also never in our wildest dreams thought it would turn out and look as good as it does.. we drilled one hole in the truck. that was the oil pan. the whole kit bolts up as if it were meant to be there.. again thanks guys for all the great compliments.. vid to come real soon

Archived