Remote starters

redssinpgh

remote starters promote Laziness, lol.. Really mostly depends of the installer wether or not there anything is going to happen to the car. Newer car/truck are tricky with all the theft deterants, but there are bypasses for them, the make them work well.

Remote start is great if installed properlly i had it on my Z-71 and my yukon no problems. Both clifords. But a freind of mine his 99 tahoe the tranny went bad (Crap install more then likely) :dunno:

the only way a tranny could go bad in this truck is if the installer did NOT interface the 2nd ignition wire correctly, BUT if he did this the check engine light would have been on immediatly and the truck would have not shifted gears when it left. I hate when people blame something that they dont understand!!!!!

That Astrostart sounds pretty good. But their website is in another language :P

I was thinking this would be a good Christmas present for my girlfriend. But I did hear of a couple of issues, like you said with the tranny and also with the starter.

i have a remote start on my truck, as well as just about every vehicle i've owned, and several friends all have them, all different models. they all work well, even the cheaper models. i wouldn't be worried about it, just get it!!!!

90% of the problems that people have with remote starters are a result of poor installation, besides that an occasional control module or relay will go bad. I've installed a few Avital and Cliffords in the past with good results. Do a google search for "Directed Electronics" and you should find some decent info.

Archived