Just another new guy

24storm

Hello just thought i would introduce myself. My name is Keith and I bought a 2004 sss about a month or so ago. There are no mods done to the truck yet its arrival blue with xm and onstar. Im going to be using the truck for pulling my holiday trailer and want to do a few things to it. Nothing crazy i figue a tune (chip) exhaust, cold air intake, and maybe headers. Can anyone make any suggestions? any help would be great.

Also would like to get a shopman bowtie and a billet grille all 5 pieces can anyone recommend a place to get that.

Thanks Keith

• 2 weeks later...

um... Tune - Pcm4less or Wait4me

Exhaust - Just magnaflow/flowmaster/flopro mufflers.. stock pipes are ok. Corsa/B&B if you want a catback

Intake - Throw up between the volant and the outlaw.. Many like the outlaw though... A K&N filter alone will do good

Headers - I hear shorties give minimal gain so ASM/Supermaxx/Whatever LT's are the way to go... Maybe even TOGs (mids?)

Shopman is a member here.. You can PM him or find some of his work on ebay.. Grilles... A bunch to choose from... Stylinconcepts has a bunch.. The Carriage Works and Trenz tend to be very popular...

Also some advice... You might want to use the search on the site for your questions... There have been questions like yours that have been answered countless times.. Numerous threads on the same topic.. So yeah just a heads up! G'luck with everything!

i haul a 22' enclosed racecar trailer (7000+ lbs). on my last silverado i put headers and a catback exhaust on and i loved it until i started towing something heavy. without the trailer it was nice and not too loud unless i was giving it a good amount of throttle. unfortunately when you are towing something heavy you are always under a load and giving it a good amount of throttle unless you are on a down grade. on a long haul with the trailer it drove me crazy :crazy: the stereo could not cover up the exhaust roar. all of my crusers have loud exhaust, but not my new tow vehicle, just my experience. :chevy:

Archived