Trans problem???

I'm pretty sure I've read other posts about this but I'm too nervous to do any search right now... has anyones truck just sat there after shifting it into R??? I put it in R and nothing happened... I gave it a lil gas and all it did was act like it would when giving it gas in neutral. Then all of the sudden it just popped into gear. It's never acted up before, I've never even had a tiny hint of problems with ANYTHING on the truck... is it just some quirky computer type issue? I'm pretty sure that has to be what it was. I guess I shouldn't worry too much, I still have 2 years of warranty. Maybe now I'll have more of a desire to drive it like I stole it. Maybe it's from babying it too much :D

I've had this problem a couple times... I read that the trans just shifts slow and lags once in a while... i could have read wrong though... :confused:

I hope this isnt something thats going to keep happening! My dad has a 97 ram van that needs a new tranny BAD and it kinda reminded me of how his van shifts... it drives me crazy.

I have an 03 SSS and mine does the same thing I keep thinking

about taking it in but it doesn't do it all the time so it probably wont

do it when  they have it.

not good, not good. I know how that goes. I used to have quirky problems with my last truck. Every time it would act up I'd take it in of course it wouldnt do it when they had it. I think I went through that like 5 times

I've had this happen on many GM trucks. sometimes the display says it is in R, but it is actually between gears(P&R, or R&N). Perhaps that is all it was?!?!

I had the same thing happen the other night ion my garage-just happened to get stuck between N and R, because when I back it out I always drop it in N after it gets rolling.

OTOH I had a 2003 with a 5.3, sometimes when I would get ready to take off after a red light, for a second the truck would go into neutral...when I most felt it was on a fwd rolling start-I would give it a little gas and it would pop into drive. This was with it either in D or 3. Some trans guy mentioned something about a 'p c switch' being the cause...but I dont recall anyone here ever mentioning that...anyway, when you are in the car business theres a new one every day who thinks he knows exactly what the problem is...

Does anyone know anything about a 'P C Switch?'

Archived