Just found some old pictures of my explorer

backinblack

I was bored today so I was looking around an Explorer forum I was on a few years back. Found pics of my explorer after it was rolled, man this brings back memories, after I flipped that I bought a 325 and then traded that for the SS

post-5532-1134356404_thumb.jpg

post-5532-1134356458_thumb.jpg

nice job on the exploder :devil: j/k...glad you were ok ...how did it happen...looks like you had a tire blow out...wasnt  a firestone was it? :crackup:

I took a turn wayyyyyy too fast on slick roads and brought the back end out. I counter steered the crap out of it but I ran out of road so it was either go head on with a guard rail that had a 40 foot drop on the other side at 60+mph or cut it hard and roll it, you see what choice i made. It went down on the drivers slide and slid for a ways then it caught the tire on the roof and popped it back over onto the passenger side and then back up onto the wheels. I was kinda in shock when it happened, I made sure my friend that was with me was ok and then pulled it off the road. It was actualy still running fine, I probably could have changed the tire kicked out the windshield and made it the rest of the way home.

Neither one of us was really hurt, my friend was so drunk he really wasn't sure what had happened anyway. I had some road rash on my arm and some cuts. Apparantly when it went down I put my arm through the window and then it dragged a little. I was really lucky it didn't get pulled under.

But yeah blessing in disguise, I was trying to sell it when it happened and I had some pretty serious negitive equity since I had put almost 45K on it in a year.

Archived