VHO Numbers

VHO_Tek

With 2005 nearing a end, and production of the 2006's under way, who would we have to kill to get some production numbers for VHO's. I'd like to see 2004 and 2005 in Chevy and GMC if nothing else for a possible FAQ for the site.

I searched around and found this for the 2004s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamur

post Aug 6 2004, 03:44 AM

Post #192

For the 2004 Model Year we (Oshawa) built:

957 - B4V - "Performance Package"

3889 - B2E - "Appearance Package"

As far as the exhaust I will try to find out.

The door badges are what's called an "RPA". When the order is triggered to the Plant to build, all the options are put into the system. When we have completed the vehicle and it gets to the end of the Assembly Line with no defects it then goes down what is called the "CARE" Line. They check the vehicle over again and if nothing is found the vehicle is put into "Produced" status. This is when the "RPA" is triggered. It should send a signal to the Parts Warehouse/Supplier to ship those types of parts to the Dealership the vehicle is going to. This works for an number of options - running boards, door badges etc. Anything that GM has designated as "Dealer Installed" that doesn't come in the kit that the Plant puts together. Now based on the issues we have been having with the HO door badges there is talk of bringing them to the Plant and putting them in the kit. That way we would ensure that the badges were delivered to the Dealer at the same time as the truck.

I will see if I can find you the part number for the badges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

standby

post Aug 6 2004, 05:51 AM

Post #193

They only made 957 B4V trucks? Is that GMC and Chevrolet combined? The reason I ask is that everyone was saying the production would be around 3000 units. Do you have any idea how many they plan to make in '05 and if the drum brakes will be the only change for '05?

Hamur, thanks for the info. It is cool to have inside information!

Hamur

post Aug 11 2004, 08:13 AM

Post #194

Yes, the original numbers were quoted as 3000 units production for the 2004 Model Year. These are "Planning" numbers which are generated for my department to determine the impact to the Plant. There are always other issues that come up that affect those plans. The biggest contributor to a change in those numbers is -- YOU -- the customer. If there are no orders we don't build as many.

Your question about Chev & GMC combined -- Yes.

Yes there are plans to make this truck for 2005 Model Year.

Some of the changes for the 2005 Performance Package are as follows but not all:

No restriction on where you can order it. (Yea! should increase the orders)

Disc front brakes and Drum rear brakes.

Electric Cooling Fans

Regulated Voltage Control - change from running off the altenator 100%

Front Aero package - adds an extension to the bottom of the front bumper(about an inch)

There are some other changes being talked about but nothing final yet. As soon as I can finalize them I will let you know.

Sorry for the length but I figured you'd want all of the info.

957 B4V's for 2004 Chevy and GMC combined.

Wow, that makes my baby pretty rare I would think. :cool:

Well the 2004's would be, can only guess at the breakdown, but if it's typical then there would be more Chevy than GMC B4V's. Still waiting on 2005 but expect more, guessing between 1200-2500. GM had said 3000 but the LQ9 got put on hold for a big part of the later half of the year so production may not reach that 3000 mark. The Carbon Metallic color got put on hold also late in production so mine may be a rare goose. We can only speculate till somebody in the know informs us. I only brought this up in hopes of a FAQ for us. Might stop some of the reposts regarding this and other production questions, and make a nice addition to the site.

One Dark Grey Mettalic 2004 VHO here. Got mine in May 04. Truck was made in Apr 04. I believe I remembe Hamur posting that the 04 VHOs were produced in Apr, May, Jun 04. I remember I found mine on GM Buypower and told my dealer to dealer trade for it. I remember my dealer told me the only way I could get a LQ9 in a 1/2 ton was to buy a SS. I gave him the VIN and said theres your proof. I have the only VHO ever bought from my dealer.

My VHO is one of only 5 sold in California in 2004. A buddy of mine orders the vehicles for his dealership and even though they weren't legal for sale in Ca., he ordered five. I was looking to buy an SS and he told me about the last one he had. Mine is dark grey metallic as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived