OEM Wheel Locks

CHIEFZUSAF

My wife got me a set of OEM wheel locks for my birthday.

In case any of you were interested in getting some for your SSS the part # is 12497480.

The GM list is $36.00 which is what she paid at the Chevy dealership but you can get it from GMPARTSDIRECT for $25.20 plus whatever shipping is for you.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

I went with OEM because the locks are "precision weight matched to maintain wheel balance" plus I prefer OEM stuff on my SSS if possible.

Z

Thanks for the heads up! Ok, so quick question or 12. We know that if a thief really wants your wheels, they can break the locks. In that case, the locks simply act to slow the thief down. What if you go with more than 1 set? Maybe 2 locks per wheel or if your :crazy: maybe a whole set for every wheel! Would that slow them down the most? Or....would they just be able to get a key for it and remove them pretty simply anyway? Which brings me to my next question. Are all the keys keyed the same or is every set different....like auto locks are to a point? Do the locks add any weight really? I mean geez....not that it matters much cuase after I am done eating dinner, I would probably add more weight to my truck than a set of locks would anyway. :lol: Hmm, do you think you can post closeup picture please? Either way, a set of locks is on my to do list!

Justin :chevy:

What if you go with more than 1 set?  Maybe 2 locks per wheel or if your  :crazy:  maybe a whole set for every wheel!  Would that slow them down the most?

It would definately slow YOU down come time to change a flat tire in the middle of winter on the side of the freeway :uhoh: or come time to rotate tires, or do a brake job :sigh: just thinking out loud here :smash:

I guess I look at wheel locks as a deterrent from the average thief who wants to steal your wheels...plus a piece of mind for me...I guess if they really want the wheels or the truck I'm sure there are methods professionals use.

These locks are labelled "precision weight matched to maintain wheel balance".

Also, with the speial key, it isn't very diificult or additional time consuming to take the lock off.

Z

jwest1975

I'll ad pix as soon as I figure out how to post them...I've got a friend coming over to show me later.

BTW all...I have pix of the following:

dash mat

molded floor mats

wheel locks

handpainted pin-stripes (I went with very thin yellow over black done in two sections per side with a yellow chevy logo towards the tail-end). May I add that I usually am not a big fan of pin stripes but when I saw the work this guy was doing--freehand--on another silverado I was very impressed and had him do my SSS too...he only works out of the dealerships and does all kinds of vehicles and charges $150...wait 'till you see it.

Z

Archived