Carlsbad Raceway

56chevywagon

Well I just borrowed a helmut tonight so I am going to be at Carlsbad Raceway next Saturday the 23rd :D . Anyone close? Maybe I'll see you there :cheers: . Finally get to see what it'll turn, probably the same to all the others posted. I'll post when I have time slips. :thumbs:

Hey, another SoCal SS. Where ya at? I am in OC. I will be out of town this weekend, but I have been to Carlsbad a couple of times. The facilities are a bit of a dive, but it is low altitute and cooler than any of the other tracks around. We will have to make the pilgramage together sometime :thumbs:

By the way, I think the left lane is the better of the two :D

carlsbad3.JPG

If i get my torque converter in by then ill meet you down there :D

Any word on the tq converter or plans on making it to Carlsbad this weekend? Hopefully you can, I've met blackhawk, :cool: dude, I'd like to meet more of ya :seeya: so maybe we can try a little bigger gathering here in the SW, kinda like the NW folks. :thumbs:

56chevywagon:

You’re going to have allot of fun. :thumbs: When you drag the truck (hopefully you get a couple of runs) put the tow haul mode on and manually shift gears at the rev limiter. Practice a couple of times at stop lights before you go to get use to how easy the shifter moves from 1st to 2nd gear on the column. If you shift right the SS goes almost the whole ¼ mile in 1st and 2nd before you have to shift to 3rd.

:cheers:

Well, here they are, my times. Most all of my runs were consecutive, I did stop and let it sit twice but it heated right back up once I hit the staging lanes :( . The tailgate was up except for two run(don't ask which ones), it didn't help anyway, and sorry I don't know the other cars/trucks I ran. The times slips read from right to left as the day progressed, the temp was right around 79-82 degrees, I was on just under a half tank and I took all of the advice. I did hit the rev limiter twice :cry: , oops. I do know the second run was against an lightning(Running alot of boost), you could here the s/c from the end of the track when he was doing his burnout :eek: ... I am car # 1.

32378718.jpg

32378702.jpg

32378695.jpg

32378668.jpg

32377805.jpg

Sorry the white copies are hard to read, those were my only two wins :( .

Archived