XM Problem

jayster

When i switch over to xm I cant tell what channel Im on because the display just says 0. I can switch over to regular fm band and my disply on my radio is fine. it reads the station and tells the song title. I have the stock radio and cant tell what station Im on when I switch to xm. Any Ideas?

When i switch over to xm I cant tell what channel Im on because the display just says 0. I can switch over to regular fm band and my disply on my radio is fine. it reads the station and tells the song title. I have the stock radio and cant tell what station Im on when I switch to xm. Any Ideas?

Prolly needs to be re-activated .... make your service is paid up....otherwise just call the 800 number and have them re-activate the signal ... you will need the id # that comes across on that channel .....

I don't know how it works on regular XM but in the aftermarket one I got for the wife sometimes it needs to be reset.

Big 0 is right.

My company sells and installs XM radio systems (business' and homes not cars) but theres only a couple of reasons a tuner reverts to station '0'

1) deactivated for one reason or another. make sure the account is paid to current and that they haven't changed your billing cycle for any reason.

2) the unit has be de-commissioned. In other words its been bumped from the network. This can happen if it goes a long peroid of time without being powered on or sometimes a glitch on XM's end can cause it.

If its not those reasons then it just comes down to broken/defective hardware.

Big 0 is right.

My company sells and installs XM radio systems (business' and homes not cars) but theres only a couple of reasons a tuner reverts to station '0'

1) deactivated for one reason or another. make sure the account is paid to current and that they haven't changed your billing cycle for any reason.

2) the unit has be de-commissioned. In other words its been bumped from the network. This can happen if it goes a long peroid of time without being powered on or sometimes a glitch on XM's end can cause it.

If its not those reasons then it just comes down to broken/defective hardware.

Called xm and all is ok with the account. How do I reset this thing? Do I need to take the power off of it?

Archived