explanation of my ideas

SSHEVY

I am in the process of getting 22's how should i go about droppping the truck. Mcnaughty's i have been reading sounds good. But what exactly do i need to buy and do. how much to lower in the front and rear? i dont want it to rub at all, is that possible. Full details would help, thx

The McGaughy's kit has everything you need except for the alignment which you will need to do after your truck has the stance you like. The kit is sold as a 2/4, but many will tell you it's more like a 2/3.5. It also depends how you mount the leaf springs to the shackles and hangers. You may have to crank down the torsion bars in the front to get it level. That is if you have the AWD model. As for rubbing issues, I went with the exact same size width and backspacing (22" X 8.5" w/ 5.5" backspacing) as the stock wheels, but in a 22" and haven't had any issues with rubbing. My tires are 305/40/22, but I will change those out to something like a 305/35/22 or maybe a 285/35/22 when they wear down.

Late- Alex

The McGaughy's kit has everything you need except for the alignment which you will need to do after your truck has the stance you like. The kit is sold as a 2/4, but many will tell you it's more like a 2/3.5. It also depends how you mount the leaf springs to the shackles and hangers. You may have to crank down the torsion bars in the front to get it level. That is if you have the AWD model. As for rubbing issues, I went with the exact same size width and backspacing (22" X 8.5" w/ 5.5" backspacing) as the stock wheels, but in a 22" and haven't had any issues with rubbing. My tires are 305/40/22, but I will change those out to something like a 305/35/22 or maybe a 285/35/22 when they wear down.

Late-  Alex

damn 305's on an 8.5" wheel thats a pretty wide tire like you said youd probably be better with the 285's but thats your choice. I dunno if you looked at getting 305/35/22's yet but Perelli is the only company who makes that size. Just a FYI :thumbs:

Late-  Alex

damn 305's on an 8.5" wheel thats a pretty wide tire like you said youd probably be better with the 285's but thats your choice. I dunno if you looked at getting 305/35/22's yet but Perelli is the only company who makes that size. Just a FYI :thumbs:

It sounds worse than it looks, trust me! It actually doesn't look all that bad. The tire does stick out past the rim a bit, but not ugly looking, at least not to me.

Check it out.

119930857.jpg

Late- Alex

Archived