Front Licence Plate Issue

06VHO

I know front license plates aren't cool, but they are even worse when they don't fit good. The paper plate and frame that the dealer put on the front of my truck stuck out at the bottom and did not fit right at the top. I order p/n 12496895 from my local chevy dealer, which turned out to be an ugly piece of galvanized steel that does not even look like it is made for a Silverado. The parts manager agreed and did not make me pay for it. Does anyone know of a GM part number for a molded plastic front license plate bracket that fits a VHO?

There isn't one made we went through this at work with one of our lifted chevy trucks and found out that the SS bracket doesn't work. For some reason there is one made for the GMC but it has a much different hole pattern so it doesn't work besides the bumper is a different shape. If I remember right we ended up making a bracket that fit nicely.

IMO just leave it off! The bumper I have at work that I am modifying I am also shaving those holes, Then it will get rechromed.

Archived