Tail-light Problems

dcairns

Anyone else having trouble with their tail-lights not working due to arcing between the contacts and the bulb?  I have scraped the contacts 3-4 times now, but it keeps recurring, even with new bulbs.

i just lost my left brake light the outher day, haven't changed it yet becouse i'ts at work and i only drive it one day a week now, i'll change it when i get off tues. am. and i'll take a look at it......

thanks for the heads up....... :thumbs:

:seeya:

For years those factory Sylvania bulbs have gotten too hot and melted in the plastic base area. Whenever I have had this problem with a GM product, as long as the sockets werent damaged, a switch of bulbs took care of it.

I have not had this problem with this truck yet, but i have incountered it too many times on many vehicles not just GM. it's a design flaw there really is no fix other than replacing the bulbs and sockets when needed. The old twist in bulbs would do the same thing from time to time.

Yes...it happens to me all the time...at least a bulb per month...after my glove compartment was overfilling with the replacment bulbs packaging...I decided to replace them with LED's...haven't had a problem since...

I buy from http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm for all my LED/lighting needs..

Anyone else having trouble with their tail-lights not working due to arcing between the contacts and the bulb?  I have scraped the contacts 3-4 times now, but it keeps recurring, even with new bulbs.

i just lost my left brake light the outher day, haven't changed it yet becouse i'ts at work and i only drive it one day a week now, i'll change it when i get off tues. am. and i'll take a look at it......

thanks for the heads up....... :thumbs:

changed mine today, all looks good.

like stated above, try some dielectric greese and see what happens

good luck

No problems here Dave. That seems very strange. Do you work or live near some sort of polution?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to your family.

CD

Ever hear of a place called Los Angeles? <cough><wheze> :lol:

Come to think of it, living in the land of traffic jams, perhaps it is the fact the the brakes are on more than most folks elsewhere... :mad:

I will have to try the grease idea. Or maybe the LEDs :D

Archived