Best intake brand/model

dannyc_2006_SS

Hey Guyss

I am looking to make my first upgrade to my 2006 SS and was wondering what Brand/Model I should look into for an intake. I have searched the forums and it seems like most people just say what they have. The ones that I have been looking at is the K&N FIPK, the Volant Cool-Air, and the Airaid.

Is there any ACTUAL difference between each of these?

Thanks,

DannyC

To some extent he is right, there are minor differences. The only distinction between one and the other, to me anyway, is whether they are open air filters or enclosed air filters. True CAIs that are sealed from the hot engine bay air will perform better and is easier to maintain.

I would choose between Outlaw or Volant.

The outlaw was the one for me. The airbox is enclosed and not just a cheesy rubber gasket sealed to the hood, thats what cinched it for me. Plus there seemed to be a little bit more technology involved in the design ober the others I looked at. For example the filter which has the internal cone for shaping the air, the box itself with a curve for shaping the air and the resonator which seems to have a better design as well. I must say it is a very noticeable upgrade in performance and sound, you can definantly hear the resonator kick in at around 3000rpm. :driving:

A tb spacer can do that and only cost $50 bucks. The main reason I took it off my last truck. Personally, I don't like sounding like anything other than what I have. It's a little too ricer-ish, IMO. To each his own though.

• 6 years later...

Black bear did a test on these kits earlier this year, if you search the forums you will find the dyno numbers.

Btw you know this thread is over 6 years old right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Archived