I started Some Snit on the Lightning Board

MN C5

Ford l's are a nice summer dry ride and the new L should be a hand full. I race almost every week for the last 15 years. most stock L's run 14.5's. My 2002 3/4 ton suburban 6400lb 4wd 8.1 whipple with 4 passengers ran 14.0's. The ss weights 600lb more and is turning all 4's on 20's. I put 35m miles per year in the snow,sleet,ice. My buddies that have Ls park em when the weather is bad. I'm a chevy man but love all performance rigs. Last year at rhe track the local F-150 club showed up after hearing of my asaults on stock L's and gt's. Some of these LWs on nos ran 11.9's and low 12's thats not bad for any truck. We all had a great time. Racing and tuning. I just like doing it in a truck that will not get stuck all year long. Winter ,cold dense air that shreads parts and puts a smile to my face.

I agree going 120+ is no problem even in the rain. Boy I can't wait until this winter when im climbing in the snow listing to my Bose system with some of my freins in the back seat on our way hunting in my SS.

Unfortunately that's what chevy got wrong with the new SS.

If someone wants a luxury truck that they can go hunting in and climbing snowy hills, make it the Sierra C3 (correct me if that's the wrong name)

Anything named SS is something that should live in mortal terror of snow, since that represents a fast, powerful, rwd sports car or truck :sigh:

I wish chevy had puut out the 390 hp regular cab 5 speed concept. Would've been a much better motivation for me to buy mods. :D

Aty least we all enjoy powerful american pickup trucks. :flag:

So you all say a Lightning can't be driven in the snow>??? Plenty of guys do it all the time. Dih. Me I bought a mint rust free 1996 Bronco 5.8L So you add of my Bronco and Lightning = $34,000 which is cheaper then the SS and I don't need to get my truck dirty in the winter going hunting. ;) The Bronco is mint with nice shiney polished alum wheels, so it probably gets just as many compliments as all your SS's do, so I have no problems driving it. As far as no one noticing the Lightning anymore>??? HaHa. I can't even count the looks, compliments and thumbs-ups I get everyday. Most stock Lightnings run 14.5's, sorry not true. 2002 Suburban going 14.0's with 4 people in it>??? Where is the B.S. flag. If any of you guys with an SS wants to have some fun let me, we can meet up at Englishtown just about any time and line up. If I win then great, if I lose then I will shake your hand and say good race. I would expect the same out of you. -Mat- :chevy:

So you add of my Bronco and Lightning = $34,000 which is cheaper then the SS

Couldn’t have said it better myself, all around cheaper, I agree… :lol:

As far as no one noticing the Lightning anymore>??? HaHa. I can't even count the looks, compliments and thumbs-ups I get everyday

Not bad looks for a CHEAP truck. The price of the SS keeps the riffraff away and wishing for something better, Huh? :P

O.K. dude, tell you what let’s hook up bumpers with an SS and see who pulls whom. I get that all the time from guys at work with their Cummings diesels…doesn’t matter which one the bronco or the lightning. As for looks, YES the SS gets ALLOT more. My buddies that own lightnings prefer riding in the SS because of the awesome stereo (aftermarket subs added) and room to pick up chicks and cruise around. :D

MN C5,

A little showdown????

How about an open invite to Englishtown NJ Raceway Park on Friday Oct 17th.

It's private event for Ford trucks, but we would love to see some SS competition......427 SC sleeper or not.  Any interest?

Kevin

New Jersey>>>> Thanks for the invite Kevin :thumbs: But 2 days each way isn't in the cards. :nonod:

I'm sure it would be a blast but how about something closer to Chicago?? Thats about 8 hours from where I'm at.

Being a Lightning owner myself I say it would be fun to watch some of those more famous Lightning Heavy hitters like Sal, JDM & Johnny Lightning ect...Go head to head though...

Dennis

So you add of my Bronco and Lightning = $34,000 which is cheaper then the SS

Couldn’t have said it better myself, all around cheaper, I agree… :lol:

As far as no one noticing the Lightning anymore>??? HaHa. I can't even count the looks, compliments and thumbs-ups I get everyday

Not bad looks for a CHEAP truck. The price of the SS keeps the riffraff away and wishing for something better, Huh? :P

O.K. dude, tell you what let’s hook up bumpers with an SS and see who pulls whom. I get that all the time from guys at work with their Cummings diesels…doesn’t matter which one the bronco or the lightning. As for looks, YES the SS gets ALLOT more. My buddies that own lightnings prefer riding in the SS because of the awesome stereo (aftermarket subs added) and room to pick up chicks and cruise around. :D

A tug of war huh>??? Sounds like fun. :jester:

I could agree more about room to pick up chicks. When I go babe hunting I just take out the 03 Slobra, probably faster then the Lightning and I think chicks dig Mustangs the most. :)

I don't understand your comment at all about the price of the SS keeping the riffraff away>??? I have no need to wish for anything better. I have the best of what GM ever offered and some of the best Ford ever offered and have no regrets.

I am not trying to bash here man, I respect anything that is "fast." Only thing is you seem to be the only one that has a "fast" Silverado SS, yeah some of the others are quick, but not "fast." Goodluck with your truck, I can't wait to see the numbers it puts down, I just hope you post them whether they be good or not. -Mat- :thumbs:

I am not trying to bash here man, I respect anything that is "fast." Only thing is you seem to be the only one that has a "fast" Silverado SS, yeah some of the others are quick, but not "fast." Goodluck with your truck, I can't wait to see the numbers it puts down, I just hope you post them whether they be good or not. -Mat- 

I have posted times all ready and they are not fast, if I really cared about how fast my SS is right now I wouldn’t even post times. You are confusing me with someone else on the board as being fast. I am just fast enough to get the fast chicks… :D

:cheers:

It goes on constantly on the snowmobile forums also...

The battlecry of the loser: BUT MINE IS STOCK... (excuses are for puzzies :cry: )

Set the conditions for the competition, then... CAN YOU AND YOURS BEAT ME AND MINE... (none of the "if I had this or that part or parts I could" "mine is stock so it's not fair" blah-blah-blah again excuses are for puzzies :cry: )

This is old (2000) but it gives you an idea of what it takes to get into low truck ETs..

Trukin Shootout

Remember that arguing brand of anything is pretty much pointless...

There's always someone faster, bigger, better etc... and you probably aren't it.

My SS is exactly what I wanted so I couldn't give a rats azz what any other brand owners opinions are of it... It's a sweet riding luxury sport truck Saturday night for that hot date and hauls my snowmobiles up the snow packed mountain road Sunday morning...

MN C5,

All the big guns that you want to see run will probably be there...it is a lightning shoot out put on by Jim @ JDM!!!!

Excuses are like a$$ holes...everybody has one. Two days travel time or not, you asked for a show down and there is one in the works. The invite is real and meant with good intentions. If I built a bad a$$ 427 SC SS and was invited to show it off at a Ford event, I would be there. The choice is obviously yours, but since you own a lightning I would think the decision would be an easy one to make. It's just some friendly competition.....put up or----you know the rest.

Kevin

MN C5,

All the big guns that you want to see run will probably be there...it is a lightning shoot out put on by Jim @ JDM!!!! 

Excuses are like a$$ holes...everybody has one.  Two days travel time or not, you asked for a show down and there is one in the works.  The invite is real and meant with good intentions.  If I built a bad a$$ 427 SC SS and was invited to show it off at a Ford event, I would be there.  The choice is obviously yours, but since you own a lightning I would think the decision would be an easy one to make.  It's just some friendly competition.....put up or----you know the rest.

Kevin

Be nice Kevin, I've got a life outside of racing my street truck. And your right it is an excuse, but I think its understandable.

I'm willing to make something work but heading to the East Coast to race takes more time and planning than I have right now.

I RACE AT NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY. THE SUB THAT RUNS 14.0'S THAT HAS DUSTED MANY STOCK GT'S AND L'S MAKES 750FT AND 563HP. GRANTED ITS FAR FROM STOCK, DYNOED AT NED. WHIPPLE HAS MY STATS ALTHOUGH THIER 8.1 MAKES 520HP WITH NO MODS. COME ON DOWN TO DRAGWAY AND CHECK IT OUT.

Right on SinisterSS :cheers: Our truck have nothing in common with the L why beat a dead horse. I think if most of us had wanted a L we could have got one but I don't think most of us did. The SS is just different.... :chevy:

Right on SinisterSS :cheers: Our truck have nothing in common with the L why beat a dead horse. I think if most of us had wanted a L we could have got one but I don't think most of us did. The SS is just different.... :chevy:

Amen, brother. About the only thing the two have in common is the bed, and even that is of a different configuration. If you guys wanted L's, you could have gotten them, likewise, if most L owners had wanted SSs, we could have gotten them...

Different is not a bad thing, it's what gives us ALL choices, otherwise, it'd all be black model A's or something...

But hey, you guys know my stance on this...

Archived