Some thoughts about this years event

BOB47

First of all, let me say I had a great time last year. :cheers: to Zippy for putting it together.

Some thoughts for this years event:

1. A little more planned. Seems like we were just kind of winging it last year other than the track and the show. NOT asking for a airtight schedule, just maybe a better idea of what we want to do when. Hopefully we will know more as the time grows closer.

2. Maybe an afternoon at the beach?

3. Could someone print maps of the places we are going to go? last year was a little rough at times having 25+ trucks trying to follow each other. If we all had maps and knew where we were going it would be no big deal to get seperated. This would also make it easier for us if we wanted to make a pit stop or even skip a certain event and catch up with everyone later.

4. Maybe sometime before or after Coast Guard Week? Rooms were hard to come by unless you booked way in advance (alway a good idea anyway) and it killed attendance at the show.

5. Let's come up with different ideas for awards at the show. Fastest SS--Shiniest--Furthest traveled--most posts on SilveradoSS.com--whatever. Let's see what you guys can come up with.

As I said before, these are just ideas. Even if everything were going to be exactly the same I'd still show up.

Bob,

some good ideas there. :thumbs:

I too, will be there if nothing changes, an extra day as well.

An afternoon at the beach would probably make the wives, significant others happy too.

How about an official moonlight/ midnite cruise, granted it would be into beer thirty time, but that would be :cool: as well. I'm pretty sure they did it last year, but as an impromptu event :dunno:

We keep adding to this, Zippy will need some volunteer efforts from the "veterans"

:D

Hey...Let's nominate Stewart to be Zippy's assistant, that way he'll have no time to detail his truck :crackup:

You mean we're going to tell him about the meet? :crackup:

haha, that's great! I need all the help I can get!

As for the ideas so far, I'm pretty happy with what you guys came up with. I'm going no matter what. I agree about the beach though... I know it would put a smile on Christy's face :D

I can't wait for summer

Archived