OH BABY!!

Dylan06SS

162006144750.jpg

Full article and video, click here

Muscle: That's the first word that comes to mind upon seeing Chevy's concept Camaro. Big-time muscle. Enough to possibly make Arnold think about switching allegiances within the GM family. Build it and they will come; drop the 500-plus-bhp Corvette Z06 engine into a Z28 version and name your price.

Andrew Bornhop, Editor, R&T Specials, provides the insightful commentary to the accompanying video. Among the numerous bits of info, Bornhop reports that the new Camaro could launch as a 2009 model. AARRGGHH! We can't wait that long! Mr. Lutz: Commit to a 2008 model launch and watch the buyers line up.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i see a little bit of crossfire in it. I still lik eit alot, if they offered the ls7 in it(hopefully the SS version) i think i would buy one if the price wasnt insane! Very nice find!

I'm seeing parts of a ton of different Camaros in there...

Grill is 67-69 style

Pointed nose goes back to the 96-02 maybe even a little of the mid 70's style

Headlights kinda remeind me of the 80's body style

the overall profile is closer to the early years too.

I swear on my first born child that I will own one in 2008/9 if they are produced looking like this... my first car was a Camaro and I haven't been able to shake the bug since.

naw... the camaro has always meant budget performance... I could see a $30k pricetag for a standard model and something short of $40k for a z28... maybe even a verson w/ a strong V6 (RS trim) down as low as $26ish... it they release it they'll have the challenger and mustang to fight off so its gonna have to be a 'bang for the buck' type ride.

naw... the camaro has always meant budget performance... I could see a $30k pricetag for a standard model and something short of $40k for a z28... maybe even a verson w/ a strong V6 (RS trim) down as low as $26ish... it they release it they'll have the challenger and mustang to fight off so its gonna have to be a 'bang for the buck' type ride.

First ...I like it! :thumbs: Showed the pick to my wife, she wants to know when we can go test drive one. I doubt that she'll want to get rid of her 4th gen SS ragtop. Oh well :dunno:

I hope GM doesn't make the same mistake twice, pricing the base model $$$$ above comparable models from other manufacturers, e.g. Mustang. Price the base model comparable to others, but nicely optioned or options available. Hopefully this will sell more of the base or mid level models, which has always propelled Mustang sales for years. I see sh*tloads of the new Mustangs, hardtops and verts, 90% are V6 models not GTs. I hope GM takes notice.

I hope they change the interior, less retro, more luxury (GTO), and a 7.0 LS7 6-speed for me... I'll be quite happy :D

Check this out: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420737

Maybe i'm blind but I looked and looked and didn't see anything at that link about it. I can't view some of the adds on the sides but I doo see the rest of the page :dunno:

I think the link has been taken down, the video narrrator says something to the effect of "recently unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show". Hmmm... that starts Monday :crazy:

Archived