Guns and Doctors

misterp

The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000; accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 (stats courtesy U.S. Dept of Health Human Services).

Now think about this:

The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes, that's 80 million). Accidental deaths caused by gun owners per year (all age groups) is 1,500; accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188 (stats courtesy FBI).

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do." Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor!

Mr. P. :)

The doctor is my last resort, unless it is something real serious. I don't like how they use medication for EVERYTHING. I am big into using natural products for when I am sick. So I usually go to my Chiropractor who uses a lot of acupunctor and natural medicine. The reason for this was when I was 5 years old the doctor prescibed me the wrong medication for when I had the Flu. The medication he prescribed me was meant for an adult. Luckily the pharmacist caught his mistake. He said if I were to have taken in, more that likely I would have died. So yeah, there was a lawsuit.

Archived