Gibson Extreme Duals Installed

FSU VHO

I just finished installing my Gibson duals, and I am disappointed with the overall fittament. It sounds good, and it was the exact look i wanted, but the tips out back are few inches off to the right. It is basically the whole exhaust that is off a little, but with a little tweaking of the tips, it looks pretty much right.

My question is, for those of you with dual exit exhausts. How much clearance do you have over the differential, or how is your exhaust routed? I have maybe 3 inches of clearance and that worries me. I doubt that the whole axle would be able to move up that much given you woudl have to hit both wheels and cause a lot of compression, but I am not sure. Also, do I need to worry about the brakelines that by the differential. Could they be melted by the exhaust? Any feedback would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay I just haven't had a chace to get out to get underneath the truck. I just looked and I only have about 3.5 - 4 inches between the pipe and the diff and brake lines. I have had the exhaust on for well over a year and haven't noticed any problems. So I would assume that this is normal for the gibson fit.

Archived