Need opinions on new heads

Well I was going to buy a set of used patriot stg 3 heads but that deal fell through so im back in the market now and I want some opinions. My price range (kinda low) is about $1,000 - $1,500 at the most. The AFR's, ET's, and TEA's look really nice, but I dont want to spend that much. Right now im looking at just getting a new set of Patriot stg 3's or getting a set of the Dart pro 1 aluminum heads. Who would you choose out of the two heads. Prices seem to be pretty simular. Or is there another company that im leaving out? Thanks, Adam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam, do you plan to stay blown? If so, you'll want to stay with the stock cc rating of the combustion chamber (72cc), or you can go larger. Going lower will increase your CR, and already being at 10:1 and blown wouldn't be idea.

There are a couple of schools of thought with heads and forcing gobs of air with a supercharger. Some will say that the heads don't need to be a super hi-flow head because the air is being forced. Others will say that you should still go with a hi-flow head. The result will still net more hp regardless.

If you don't want to spend too much, try looking for a stgI.5 or maybe a stgII. The manufacturer really doesn't matter too much. Not with a superchgarger, IMO.

Adam, do you plan to stay blown?  If so, you'll want to stay with the stock cc rating of the combustion chamber (72cc), or you can go larger.  Going lower will increase your CR, and already being at 10:1 and blown wouldn't be idea.

There are a couple of schools of thought with heads and forcing gobs of air with a supercharger.  Some will say that the heads don't need to be a super hi-flow head because the air is being forced.  Others will say that you should still go with a hi-flow head.  The result will still net more hp regardless.

If you don't want to spend too much, try looking for a stgI.5 or maybe a stgII.  The manufacturer really doesn't matter too much.  Not with a superchgarger, IMO.

Yeah I definatlely want to stay blown. I actually think that im just gonna go with the same head that I was going to go with before. Patriot stg 3 head (72cc cumbustion chamber), but with a custom 2.055 intake valve diameter because I dont want to loose any low end. So its actually like a stg 2 1/2 like you said in one of my previous threads.

Here at ET Performance, we have a CNC program for the factory GM 4.8/5.3 head that flows a lot of air. They are in your price range fully ported and assembled with very good parts. The 4.8/5.3 head actually flows better than any 6.0 program out there... Gimme a shout if you have any questions.

Definitely hit up Richard at West Coast Cylinder Heads!!  He works up some pretty nice 317's!

http://www.proheads.com/

:withstupid: Absolutely! WCCH has been putting alot of time and effort into their GENIII truck head program, and have results to prove it. If you do a search in the GM Performance section at PerformanceTrucks.net, you'll find a bunch of great info. Everyone who I've heard from that has dealt with Richard raves that his customer service is outstanding also :)

PM me with any questions...

Wow, I was just at WCCH on Saturday and he had nothing but nice things to say about ET.....After reading this "slap" I think I will go with the All Pro.s

adams2003

I would suggest taking a look at www.allproheads.com Give Richard a call @ wcch he will work with you on them. Ls1-6-left.jpg

It's great that you work there, but this site is not for your free advertisement. Specs may be one thing, trying to sell your goods over another should not be happening unless your are willing to become a preferred vendor. In fact, you should not be trying to sell them at all here. You know the rules - you know what you're doing is not right.

I am not trying to sell anything.  Someone asked for cylinder head advice and I gave it to them.  I Simply posted a flow sheet of a product that we offer that will suite the application of the person asking.  I don't see anything wrong with that...

I don't see where anyone asked for your flow sheets as compared to another head someone else recommended in the same thread (WCCH vs ET), but that is what you gave. Nobody asked for a side by side comparison.

Honestly, to keep yourself out of trouble with advertising your products try just sticking to your professional knowledge about heads in general, not your company's products. Use your expertise here, not your spec sheets.

If you can't see how your posts are trying to sell your heads, ask the person that talks about your products on LS1tech, I'm sure that person understands what I am trying to say.

Archived