door cladding

wiseguy

I live in madison wisconsin,i have not seen another SS at all around here,but on my way to green bay yesterday i met up with another red SS on the hwy going thru appleton wisconsin,and noticed how badly wrinkled the door cladding was on his truck,it looks like bad body work!! mine looks the same at certain angles in the sun..has anyone else complained to GM about this?just curious if they will have any type of new cladding that looks smoother..also one corner of the cladding is sticking out and loose on my drivers side door..

thanks

terry

I have had a problem two times with the cladding on the passenger side door. The first time it was just loose and the dealer retaped it. The second time it came loose on the front of the door and got jammed under the piece on the fender and it wrinkled it. The dealer ordered a new one and installed it. That was a couple of weeks ago and it looks ok. The problem is that there is only one piece of tape that holds the most of it on. There are some screws on the bottom. They screwed or rivited a piece of sheet metal to the bottom of the door to hold the bottom of the cladding. Sure hope that it does not rust here. I did not like the looks of the way that they attached it. But I will probably trade within two years and the next guy will have to worry about it rusting. It takes the dealer about 45 minutes to retape it.

i don't know what they could do about the wrinkled cladding, there is just not enough back support. if you look at other carsthat have plastic on them they are doing the same thing, one car that comes to mind is the chrysler sebring, very bad. :wtf:

Archived