Bit the Bullet

Just ordered the 22" Centerline Rapids in the polished finish. I figured since the truck rarely even sees daylight as well as bad weather, the upkeep on the finish will not be too bad.

I am also looking at possibly powdercoating either the centers ot the cutouts between the spokes.

Still trying to decide on what rubber, but probably going with 285/45/22 Proxes S/T's. or 295/45/22 BFG KDW's again.

Should have them Thursday.

Thinking about taking the stripes off too!!

205_RAPID_hi_451x421.jpg

It's all your fault... :jester:

Yeah, my ex still tells me that, too. :jester: Those 22's are going to be so awesome; they will really set of some Alumasport brakes. And you'll probably have yours weeks ahead of mine...

Mr. P. :)

The wheels are shipping today and I will have them Thursday.

Guess I will be at the tire shop Friday or Saturday.

Ordered this Style Steering Wheel too (but the proper one for my 03) from Victor at Autowoods. It is the Millenium Style with Carbon Fiber Inserts.

1010_CF4X4.JPG

He hooked me up!!!!

good stuff, did you sell your other wheels yet?

Pretty sure....you never know where they might show up!!

You will be seeing them around.... ;)

Brian, nice choice of replacements there! I vowed never to get an unsealed wheel again after going one winter with my fluted star centerlines on my 99. They were ruined after 1 year even with heavy mechanical polishing. I even polished them every 2 weeks in the winter. :nonod:

Ever try the zoop seal?

Ordered this Style Steering Wheel too (but the proper one for my 03) from Victor at Autowoods.  It is the Millenium Style with Carbon Fiber Inserts.

1010_CF4X4.JPG

He hooked me up!!!!

:eek: Wow that is niiiiiice. You're not seriously going to take off the hockey stripe are you?

good stuff, did you sell your other wheels yet?

Pretty sure....you never know where they might show up!!

You will be seeing them around.... ;)

Brian, nice choice of replacements there! I vowed never to get an unsealed wheel again after going one winter with my fluted star centerlines on my 99. They were ruined after 1 year even with heavy mechanical polishing. I even polished them every 2 weeks in the winter. :nonod:

Ever try the zoop seal?

So, when are we hooking up? I would like to do it this weekend if possible.

I havent tried zoop yet, I have uncoated polished wheels on my Sierra and I have never polished them yet. A forged polished wheel is a bit easier to maintain than a cast polished wheel because of the physical property of the metal. The fact that the truck only sees nice weather will help as well.

I was also thinking about a clear powdercoat if there is such a thing.

Ordered this Style Steering Wheel too (but the proper one for my 03) from Victor at Autowoods.  It is the Millenium Style with Carbon Fiber Inserts.

1010_CF4X4.JPG

He hooked me up!!!!

:eek: Wow that is niiiiiice. You're not seriously going to take off the hockey stripe are you?

I will wait and see what it looks like after the new wheels are on. I was thinking about redesigning the stripe anyhow now that my brother and I bought a sign making business and I can do them myself.

They are only vinyl and I can replace them if I make the wrong decision in removing them.

Archived