first kill with the 418 powered Z

1slow01z71

I would hope for your sake that your motor is not too excessively rich. Running that way on a new motor will damage it. Especially crucial during the first few hundred miles.

How do you think I ended up with a 410 vs the 408 I started with? Have you changed the oil yet? How did it look? Grayish in color, smell like fuel a little?

There'd be no way that I'd be driving around having to two-foot it all the way. The longer you go like that, the longer you're risking damage. But, that's JMO.

I would hope for your sake that your motor is not too excessively rich.  Running that way on a new motor will damage it.  Especially crucial during the first few hundred miles. 

How do you think I ended up with a 410 vs the 408 I started with?  Have you changed the oil yet?  How did it look?  Grayish in color, smell like fuel a little?

There'd be no way that I'd be driving around having to two-foot it all the way.  The longer you go like that, the longer you're risking damage.  But, that's JMO.

Motor had about 1500 miles on it when I was racing and it wasnt that rich I put a wideband on it and it was sitting at ~11.2 at WOT. Yes I have changed the oil 3 times once at 30 miles, once at ~400 and then at ~1400.

That sounds pretty darn rich to me, but I won't debate it. Just letting you know what could happen.

Bottom line, driving around on an ill-tuned new motor can't be good for it's long-term health.

Your dollar though.

That sounds pretty darn rich to me, but I won't debate it.  Just letting you know what could happen.

Bottom line, driving around on an ill-tuned new motor can't be good for it's long-term health. 

Your dollar though.

Im not driving around on it everyday just went down to SA to get Allen to tune it but had O2 sensor problems so he couldnt tune it I raced the camaro on the way down there thats it. Its been parked every since. It is going to parked till I get the new trans in.

:banghead: Hey holmey I was just playin about the post earlier...For one, I didnt even realize how bad ass of a truck you had, I was lookin at the pictures and everything, wow...Especially for an 01 Z you wouldnt even think ? That things sick man I really like it, I would love to go for a ride ! I have a 6.0 Powerstroke, "former SS owner", and pops has a lightning with a Kenne Belle Upgrade Blower on it, It would be interesting to feel the difference between the trucks...Right on on though man, keep us posted

JK :devil:

:banghead: Hey holmey I was just playin about the post earlier...For one, I didnt even realize how bad ass of a truck you had, I was lookin at the pictures and everything, wow...Especially for an 01 Z you wouldnt even think ? That things sick man I really like it, I would love to go for a ride ! I have a 6.0 Powerstroke, "former SS owner", and pops has a lightning with a Kenne Belle Upgrade Blower on it, It would be interesting to feel the difference between the trucks...Right on on though man, keep us posted

JK :devil:

Oh its cool man like I said in a post before it was just a bad day. I dropped alot of coin on building this motor which I did myself and then getting it up and running and blow the trans(well no WOT) so I was a little mad. Now its just going to give me more time to do the other things I wanted to do. I may just go ahead while its down and do the SSR 90mm intake and a UMI 90mm tb along with a 34" rad and 05 efans and since I have to drain the radiator might as well put a bigger cam in too :devil:

Guess you didnt read the title well or something as far as my power plant goes I dont like to put all the mod bs in my sig cause its too long and I like to keep people guessing who dont know me. For those that know anything about motors they will know the cam clip in my sig will not be in a stock motor :jester:

Ill let you know when its back up in running would be fun to race you dad :smash:

No hard feelings man just a bad day and alot of other shit going on :thumbs:

Archived