Last race with the 408

2bseen

It will be missed and was a damn good motor and never turned a bolt on it in 10k miles. I had alot of problems yesterday but did win king of the mountain street tire class with some luck. On the way to the track I turned the bottle heater on and had a fire. The n2o line hit the hot wire on the gauge and burned up the control box and n2o lline. I get to the track and get 2 all motor runs in b/f the 30 mile cruise. I have to go get another 6an line about 30 miles away and get in installed but the wet kit doesnt work. So round 1 is a e55 m.b. that has been running 7.7s all day and I have run 8.0 on motor so I am thinking he is going to put me out early but he red lights. :yellow_loser: Then b/f the 2nd round I get some help and get the dry kit working and it is all over then. Win the next 2 round by around 2 truck and carry home the cash.. :cheers: I have to say I was very luck to win but sometimes that happens. I have had a great time with the 408 and has been very good to me but it is time to go bigger. I will be taking it out and giving it to the new owner in the next week or two.

It was run what oyu brung on street tires but there isnt a rule that says you cant run an awd :devil:

Tony Im back in TX now but Im sure Ill be back up there in a couple of months to visit my dad and if I drive I will definately let you know would be fun to go play :driving:

I am starting the changing of motors this weekend and yes it will be a 427 going in next. I am also changing wheels and tires for more traction and less weight.

This race was heads up with rules being true radials no drag radials, tag, insur., wipers, mufflers, and you go on a 30mile cruise to prove it a street car or truck. I was in the finals with a sts turbo reg. cab truck.

Archived