Somthing to make you think

SS Silv

:crazy: Sheezzus CHRIST you guys; I turn my back on this thread for a day and already it's at 75 posts? I had to make a list just to keep score...

NO IT WILL NOT FLY: mwalls54, SSleepingbeauty, misterp, SSThunder, geomcrider, BSER, Rays B4U, Ldogss, 04CHASE, jon1178, HAUL SS, adams2003, SS Silv, ssfromsd, drako, Kyle's03SilveradoSS, ChevySSandChevy8.1

YES IT WILL FLY: Big O, kmsss, jonmalibuss, dcairns, pimpndevil, 2004HEMIRAM, Dirt.boy, Banone

NOT SURE/MAYBE, MAYBE NOT/IT DEPENDS: TimC3, zippy, backinblack

SMART-ASSED COMMENTARY: jboyss, Bman, kaotik1, Buyfire

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not an exceuse but i thought the plane was supposed to just overcome going backwards with the tredmill. I thought the original post question put it like that. Now i see after reading the real question. the first one was 2 vague. i think alot more people would have seen that with the original question stated correctly.

• Admin

I'm not sure why, but when I saw this a month ago on another site, I knew right away it would take off no problem. :lol:

All this debate seemed really odd, because (to me) its such a simple problem. :leaving:

• 1 year later...
damn you people read this site

http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/191034-1.html

your link does not work anymore, otherwise i would have read this to make more sense.

BUT...here is how i feel.

NO IT WILL NOT TAKE OFF! and until there is a giant treadmill runway that actually launches a plane like the millenium falcon taking off out of mos eisley (watch ep. four and see what i mean) then i'm going to stick with my answer. where is the FORCED air flow over the airfoil to allow lift? if none, then the plane is "stalling" while still on the ground.

Archived