Guess what's at SEMA...

muscleshop

but it could be sooooooo much better if it were the original 8.1....

-Joe

the vortec 8100? the one out now? with 5 less HP than the SS? or is there an older 8.1L? the 8100 has lots of torque (455lbs) but i don't know if that would make it "sooooooo" much better, maybe soo or even sooo much better, but sooooooo? would it really be worth 7 o's?

you know i got to say 8.1l /502 displacement could really turn the ponies

to make the ss one of a kind you can not tell me that this legendary truck

with an 8.1 l :P would not be capible of pushing out more than 450 hp/

485lbs of torque-with out the use of a super charger nos or a whipple.

there is nothing more awsome than aspired push rod v-8 :D:D:D

but it could be sooooooo much better if it were the original 8.1....

-Joe

the vortec 8100? the one out now? with 5 less HP than the SS? or is there an older 8.1L? the 8100 has lots of torque (455lbs) but i don't know if that would make it "sooooooo" much better, maybe soo or even sooo much better, but sooooooo? would it really be worth 7 o's?

Torque is King, anyone telling you different is selling you a nissan or honda (HORSEPOWER, HORSEPOWER, HORSEPOWER!!!!)

-Joe

NONE of the mwill ever see production...typical GM...spending millions to show off what they can do....and no ballz to produce the bad@$$ products they display there. Nothing will appear anything in life like they show there..NOTHING!!! Name one time its happened......................hahahah!! YOU CANT!!!

NONE of the mwill ever see production...typical GM...spending millions to show off what they can do....and no ballz to produce the bad@$$ products they display there. Nothing will appear anything in life like they show there..NOTHING!!! Name one time its happened......................hahahah!! YOU CANT!!!

The SSR? I think they stayed pretty close to the concept, just changes to make it a bit more economically viable and to meet safety standards. And if you mean JUST like a concept, then name one car company that makes NO changes to their brainchildren.

well the version they are releasing is not the end-all be-all of the SSR, but anyway, this isn't an SSR forum, or a GM is a bunch of gay assholes forum, so lets all chill out and make love not war (I mean that figuratively). I like the SSS as it is now, and I'll probably like it more when they fine tune it, but I think its at least a step in the right direction, and who knows, it might turn out to be a really decent ride! not a Furd Lightnin' clone, um, I mean killer ;) but something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in :)

-E

well the version they are releasing is not the end-all be-all of the SSR, but anyway, this isn't an SSR forum, or a GM is a bunch of gay assholes forum, so lets all chill out and make love not war (I mean that figuratively). I like the SSS as it is now, and I'll probably like it more when they fine tune it, but I think its at least a step in the right direction, and who knows, it might turn out to be a really decent ride! not a Furd Lightnin' clone, um, I mean killer ;) but something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in :)

-E

Amen to that.

That is very true.

Well said SilveradoKid.

Archived