anyone tried a Auterra system???

popeye55

i was looking to add a aeroforce gauge to the truck and came upon this on a search in a gto forum. heres teh sites link http://www.auterraweb.com/

i was thinking 220 for a aeroforce....or 250 for this, i would have to add a palm and mount it but they are pretty cheap i figured a 100. i am new to all this and i can see the benefits of both. i don't have any logging software, just a custom tune. the aeroforce seems highly spoken of..and i think the cobalt ss gauge would be my choice since it's got the SS start up screen. however would mounting a pda and the auterra system be a better choice..i think if i had it since it can measure hp, tq and 1/4 times i would not want a g-tech... well you gods of the ss world i ask you this and as always you impress me with you knowledge. thanks for all the great help and advise in advance. :driving:

well i am not the best at understanding all teh software stuff. thats why i posted it. but i beleive it will record 1 hour of data....it will record codes and it is not a accelometer"how ever you spell that" but it does some of teh features of a g-tech like buy the speed-o and rpm it figures your hp and torque, and drag racing times. it also says this will work on any obdII system 96 and newer. i don't paln on using tit fo rmuch else but that is a benefit to the system in versatility.

It would depend on what it could log. An Aeroforce can't log, but it can give real time data for some of the data points you need. Not sure if this thing can do that.

You should find out if can record Ltrims (long-term fuel trims) and KR (knock retard) at a minimum. There are a few others that could be vital that you may want to look at that may not be supported by the software. I will assume it can look at ECT, IAT, spark advance, MAF in lb/min, VSS (vehicle speed), RPM, O2 - broken down by bank (1 and 2), and maybe a few other items that a tuner may want you to look at.

Just my .02.

Archived