Direct Port Kits

Dont now much about direct port (or any nitrous systems yet), but I do plan on using one of this guys setups when I do nitrous.

Here's the system im looking at right now.

lsx11nr.jpg

Here's a link with more info, and more pics. :D

Direct port nitrous

Very nice set up

It is always an option, just not one for me. Maybe as time goes on I will learn to like it. How are you going to set up the purge kit? If you go with that set up I would guess no reason to hide the purge.

Not sure yet. Definately not hiding anything. :D The money maker is cool, just not for me. Stopped street racing a couple years ago, no other reason to hide it. Especially when it looks like that.

Stopped <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=street%20racing&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: street racing'; self.ql_skeyphrase='street%20racing'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='street%20racing'; window.status='Search for: street racing';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">street racing</a> a couple years ago, no other reason to hide it.  Especially when it looks like that.

You got that right. Looks sweet. What are the differrences between the 2 and 4 soleniod?

The 4 noid hits harder (meaning its comes on faster) than the 2 noid. The 2 noid can be adjusted for a smaller shot though.

Anyone know about these? It looks like a way to keep nitrous out of the radix.

Direct Port Kit

Vince, why is your intention to keep it "out" of the Radix.

I didn't think it was good to spray thru the radix? From comments i've read anyway.

I would guess you don't intend to shoot more than a 50-shot. Is that too much to occasionally, I assume occasionally, to push through the Radix? Will putting it anywhere else negate the cooling effect?

Asked blownchevy's opinion? Not sure I'd trust more than him on certain things for a Radix. The only reason I ask is it will cost a lot more to do what you are talking about.

its kinda like you wanna spray before the intercooler to lower IATs atop of the combustion gained... but your worried aboot the rotors/veins etc. the prob with the direct kits is that they tend to be (fromw hat ive heard not experienced) tend to be "go big or go home" meaning your at least stepping up to 150 ponies... you know what i mean? pistons & nicely gapped rings along with some strong rods and bolts... and the sky is the limit... its a toucy subject with a stock bottom end. Dosnt someone on here have a nitrous kit on their radix? i think i remember someone posting pics of it too... it was a black truck i remember that much... but if i can recall correctly, they never sprayed it yet... yet being the key word, man it would be nice....

If you can get ahold of him on here... a guy i work with (White Lightning or Goodwrench93) on this site has taken his 05' Z-71 5.3L and created somewhat of a monster... (engine swap to LS-1) doubler roller chain, stg. 3 patroit heads, gt-7 cam, forged custom pistons, forged rods, stock crank, RADIX, 2.9 pulley, vara ram etc. etc. etc. AND a zex kit... hes done quite a bit of research on the nitrous setup he plans on using... maybe if you PM him he can give some advice on how hes sprayin etc. etc. etc.?? :dunno:

Archived