Ebay and Winning a bidded item..

BILLS04SS

I just recently won a Calcutta DC bait casting reel on ebay. I've already paid the guy through an e-check (paypal). I've sent the guy a couple of messages. How long should you typically wait to hear back from people?? He's had 9 positive responses.. Thanks for all your input.

Bill :thumbs:

Well, I would HOPE to hear a response within 3-5 days. As far as receiving your item, since you paid with an e-check, it will take 5-7 business days for that to clear, so add on at least a week to the normal turn around time.

If you haven't heard anything in 15 calendar days, I would file a claim.

:withstupid: In my experience I have always heard *something* from buyer or seller in the first 48-hrs - it's common courtesy I would say. They should at least confirm that yes they got your Paypal and are waiting for the funds to clear, anything to let you know that you have not fallen through the cracks. I personally check for a pulse on day 3, and then if there's still no repoire by by day 5 then I would send them a 'if I don't hear from you tomorrow I'm reporting you' email - in 60 eBay transactions I've only had to threaten once, and I've never had to actually follow-up, my eBay experience has been all positive so far.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:  In my experience I have always heard *something* from buyer or seller in the first 48-hrs - it's common courtesy I would say. 

............most definitely!!! I always send a message with my paypal payments that tell them to "let me know when my item is shipped out". Also as a seller, I always provide prompt communication with everybody......and like I always say in my auctions....Fast Payment=Fast Shipping. If somebody sends me my payment via regular mail, that's how they get their product. If they send me my payment via Priority Mail (2-3 days), that's how they get their product, etc. etc. Like MisterP said, "it's common courtesy"... :D

Depends on the seller. Some reply same day others don't. I agree with dc_justin: If you don't get the item in 15 calander days, then file a claim with paypal. I've sold a ton on eBay(power seller for 3 years) and I don't email my buyers(except paypal automatic invoice/eBay automatic email) unless they email me. I repond to every questions within the hour. If you haven't heard from the seller soon, I would request their phone info and give them a call. Some sellers are just plain slow with communication so they need a kick in the pants sometimes to get a response. :banghead:

Thanks guys... I just dont' want to get screwed... He had only 8 postives and no negatives.. So maybe i took a chance.. will keep everyone posted.. The auction closed on Feb 5 and I still haven't received a confirmation yet...

B :cheers:

Thanks guys...  I just dont' want to get screwed...    He had only 8 postives and no negatives..  So maybe i took a chance.. will keep everyone posted..  The auction closed on Feb 5 and I still haven't received a confirmation yet...

B :cheers:

I wouldn't sweat it too much yet, it's still early. Try pinging him again this evening or something.

Archived