427 Corvette

Texas_Veteran

I had a stressful day at work today, so I decided to take a walk once I got home to relieve a little stress. I walked a lot further than I thought and decided I could figure out a shortcut back to my house. As I'm taking this "shortcut" I come upon this old trailerpark that is getting torn down. There are still a few residents there though. As I'm walking throught this area I notice the unmistakable body of a true classic Corvette. I had the camera with me so I snapped a few pictures. I talked to the owner of the car and he said that he has owned it for about 10 years. He swears that he will fix it up one day. He said that it is still all original and of course has the 427 in it. What a beauty! I didn't take a picture of the engine because my cameral just had to run out of battery power at that time. Oh well. I asked how much he wanted for it and he said that he wouldn't sell it. I would really love to get my hands on this car. I have a feeling he is one of those that swears he will one day fix it up, but never will. I just thought I would share some pictures with you guys.

Vett1.jpg

Vett2.jpg

Vett3.jpg

Vett4.jpg

Vett5.jpg

I wonder if anyone has offered him any serious money for it? Cash has a way of talking. My buddy just bought a Boss 429 Mustang that needs a TOTAL restoration and paid $50,000.00 for it. It's a all numbers matching car with the nascar plates still attached to the inside of the drivers door. He found the build sheet when he pulled the interior today. He plans on taking it to Barrett Jackson next year.

He found the car sitting in a chickep coup.

I bet if someone made this guy a real offer , he would sell it.

I wonder if anyone has offered him any serious money for it?  Cash has a way of talking. My buddy just bought a Boss 429 Mustang that needs a TOTAL restoration and paid $50,000.00 for it. It's a all numbers matching car with the nascar plates still attached to the inside of the drivers door. He found the build sheet when he pulled the interior today. He plans on taking it to Barrett Jackson next year.

He found the car sitting in a chickep coup.

I bet if someone made this guy a real offer , he would sell it.

:withstupid: if someone starting waving some real cash at that guy the car would be sold

Leaving that car out in the elements like that is a No No.... :nono:

I agree, offer him some cold hard cash, and it will be yours..... He hasn't touched it from the looks of the pictures for all of the 10 years that he has owned it.

If you don't go back, you'll be kicking yourself in the arse!!!!! :banghead:

Oh man.. :nonod: That makes me wanna cry just looking at it. :cry:

I'm a huge Corvette fan, and that could be one helluva car. I'm not one of those "fix it to showroom condition" people either. If only you could get that and fix it up, even with modern components (think LS7 and modern wheels/suspension), it would be amazing.. :crazy:

I'm going to go back today and wave some cash around. Hopefully he will see the $$$$ and take it. I only have around $15,000 in my savings, so I doubt that it will be enough. Its worth a shot though. I will get back to you guys on this. If not, I will show someone where it is for a finders fee. :devil:

Adrian

Archived