traction control

trialsman

i know grnad am-s & malibu-s do that aswell... i think its got something to do with timming retard and towing/low gear take-off... not quite sure EXACTLY what that feature is for... but i do know it exsists on many many if not all models with T/C etc.

It's because when you get stuck in snow or mud, you put the truck (or car) in 1st gear you can rock it back and forth better (1st gear, reverse, 1st gear, reverse, etc). If traction control kicks in when you're stuck and trying to rock back and forth to get out, you can't do it nearly as well.

It's because when you get stuck in snow or mud, you put the truck (or car) in 1st gear you can rock it back and forth better (1st gear, reverse, 1st gear, reverse, etc). If traction control kicks in when you're stuck and trying to rock back and forth to get out, you can't do it nearly as well.

That doesn't make much sence though because 1st is a long way from reverse! Also that would be why there is a button. It would make more sence in that case to go from reverse to drive.

So which is better for take offs then?? Put it in first and punch it, or keep it in second so the T/C doesnt turn off??? Or do u want the T/C off because it takes power away.... Which way is the most popular for take offs for these trucks???

So which is better for take offs then??  Put it in first and punch it, or keep it in second so the T/C doesnt turn off???  Or do u want the T/C off because it takes power away....  Which way is the most popular for take offs for these trucks???

Leave it in drive and push the TC button to turn it off and let the trans shift itself.

Archived