Dirty Thieves

Wicked_SS

Let's see now the value was knocked down by the flood and now if they do find it in any kinda decent condition it will be a theft recovery! Yeah you just better hope they don't find it and collect the insurance $$$ and move on. Your resale value of that truck isn't gonna be so good anymore.

I got the call today at about noon from CHP that they found my truck, on the side of the 710 burning like theres no tomorrow. It was found at about 4am, and from what they said there's no way it could ever be fixed. I haven't been to see it yet, I think I'll do that tomorrow when I'm a lil more brave. :sigh:

I got the call today at about noon from CHP that they found my truck, on the side of the 710 burning like theres no tomorrow.  It was found at about 4am, and from what they said there's no way it could ever be fixed.  I haven't been to see it yet, I think I'll do that tomorrow when I'm a lil more brave.   :sigh:

Damn sorry to hear that. If it's a cheap buy back you could make some $$$ off of parts for sure!

EDIT: I'd laugh my a$$ off if they were driving it down the 710 and with the electrical issues you had it finally gave out and burst into flames.

Be sure to get us some pics of whats left!

So I'm sitting at work last night at about 2am when my husband calls me to infom me that he can't find the truck, and asks me where I parked.  After about 30 mins of me freaking out and thinking that maybe I just somehow forgot where I parked the most expensive thing I own I had to come to the conclusion that someone got me.  LAPD and OnStar were called, neither of whom could tell me anything that made me feel any better, and all I wound up with was a police report.  Now I know that I had problems with my truck, and I said a million times I was gonna get rid of it, but I could never bring myself to do it...and this DEFINITELY isn't the way I wanted it to go.  It's such a nasty, dirty, violated feeling.  To think that someone has their grubby little fingers on MY truck...and I can't do anything but sit and wait and know that it's probably in about 300 pieces by now...or chilling in Mexico with a freakin ugly ass Virgin Mary painted on the side of it bumping mariachi music...grrrr :banghead:  :mad:  :banghead:  :mad:  I know it's for the best because of all the issues it had, but damn...this can just really make you wanna hurt someone.  I can't even seem to think of appropriate words to describe the feeling I have right now...it's just AWFUL. :mad:  :mad:

All the times we wish things like this to happen we never really mean it. Sorry it has happened, and the fire is why they couldnt find the truck. I believe even without power the onstar has some sort of back up. Sort of like Lojack. Now you have closure and can move on, to either one that will be better for you or something better that you will enjoy.

I got the call today at about noon from CHP that they found my truck, on the side of the 710 burning like theres no tomorrow.  It was found at about 4am, and from what they said there's no way it could ever be fixed.  I haven't been to see it yet, I think I'll do that tomorrow when I'm a lil more brave.   :sigh:

Damn sorry to hear that. If it's a cheap buy back you could make some $$$ off of parts for sure!

EDIT: I'd laugh my a$$ off if they were driving it down the 710 and with the electrical issues you had it finally gave out and burst into flames.

Be sure to get us some pics of whats left!

:withstupid: That would be poetic justice if it caught on fire while they were driving it to where it was to be stripped, so they ended up with nothing but a joyride. We can only hope.

So, are you going to get another SS?

That's got to be a horrible feeling... I don't even like valets let alone some scumbag thief driving my truck. Even worse, they BURNED it! :mad::mad:

Now they've wasted a perfectly good truck :shakehead:

Truck thieves should be SHOT!

So now to turn things into a positive note, how about a thread where we can all chime in and suggest ideas for your next truck :thumbs: BTW you have to buy another truck, we can't lose a cool girl that drives trucks :D

well I hope you have theft insurance as you should end up with more than what the actual street value is as kbb value's them higher then in reality! :thumbs:

and as far as onstar goes... they're worthless...

DISABLED!

th_onstar1.jpg

th_onstar2.jpg

easy as that! and accesible to anyone with the internet! :uhoh::nonod:

Lil more info so far..the exact location of where it was found was on the 710 southbound at Clara in the city of Bell. CHP also asked me if I had recently had my car valet'd or if I had taken it to the dealership for any servicing. They said that what people are doing is making a copy of the keys (an impression I guess?) and then taking it later on. I've done both within the last month :( I would hope that it wasn't my dealer, but my keys DID come up missing while I was there a couple of months ago...and the lack of broken glass anywhere makes me VERY suspicious. I still keep looking out my window at night to check on my truck... :tear::uhoh:

I might have some pictures for you guys once the insurance company picks it up from the tow company, and who knows when THAT will be. Thankfully though I have full coverage with gap coverage also. So they'll pay off my lease completely and I'll just go and get something new. Kinda looking forward to that, I LOVE new car shopping...but damn, this isn't how I wanted to do it.

Man that sucks :mad: I had a 96 Impala SS that was a Super Chevy Class winner stolen. They found it 6 month's later on a residential street stripped to the shell. No doors, glass, interior, drivetrain, trunk or hood and all of the drivetrain was gone :banghead: The only good thing that came out of it was 21 day's after it was stolen, my insurance paid me 5k more than I bought the car for. At least I still have the SC jacket and plague and magazine with my name in small print in it.

Archived