Oil Life %

Lugor

Curious to see if people are using the Oil Life System percentage to decide when to change their oil. The manual doesn't give a percentage at which to change the oil. Any idea what percentage it should be changed at, or are most people changing the oil after a set amount of mileage?

Lugor

Curious to see if people are using the Oil Life System percentage to decide when to change their oil.  The manual doesn't give a percentage at which to change the oil.  Any idea what percentage it should be changed at, or are most people changing the oil after a set amount of mileage?

Lugor

I understood that you change it at 0% or close to it. But I personally will be changing ti every 3000 to 4000 miles.

I'm with Silvsteve. That oil life percentage comes in all late model Chevy's and is really only for use by those monkeys who don't have a clue about preserving engine life or those who don't care. The oil life percentage meter gives a percentage based on engine hours and mileage. It doesn't actually have some sensor that montiors the quality of the oil. Therefore, like Silveteve and probably everyone else, change the oil every 3,000 miles if for nothing more than to provide evidence of quality maintenance to combat any warranty issues.

Archived