maximum motion

Hey guys,this is my first post on this site,I was wondering if anyone has heard of a product called coolcharger which is a fi unit but is sealed and has a ballbearing which never needs to be serviced.From what the dealer briefly told me was that if the unit fails u can still drive your vehicle.

ive read little aboot these systems, and what i have read i wasnt much of a fan of.... it seems to be minimal gain for what you end up spending... IMO money much rather/better spent toward a radix unit etc. etc.

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

With most centrifugal super chargers (Vortech, Paxton, Procharger, Rotrex) in the event of a belt failure air can still get into the engine, but it will be very restrictive and waaaaaaayyyyyy down on power until either the belt is replaced or the compressor is removed.

I dunno on the Coolcharger; basically it is a centrifugal supercharger with cog-belt driven internals (not gears). I would worry about reliability, that's a lot of load to have to put through a cog belt. RE sealed center bearing - that's not a huge selling point IMO, the Vortech's have separate lubrication, and I think the Procharger's do as well. But for me personally it is not an issue to take the extra time and tap into the engine's oil supply, plus you do not have to separately change oil in the compressor (a small point, I know).

Mr. P.

Guys,thanks for the reply about the coolcharger.Yeah misterp I would say a $6750.50 installed price is abit high,whith that said if I were to look into a radix what would I have to do to get max h.p. for a weekend driver(streetability,reliability).I know this was covered before and I went over the info,what would you guys suggest for a complete vehicle mods i.e. exhaust,tranny,etc.?

A well-prepped Radix truck will ballpark about that same budget but is a proven solution and reliable performer. Use the Members link to find ChevyHighPerformance and read his posts, they make a great starting point to come up with your own plan for a Radix-equipped truck.

Mr. P.

like with most of the tried/ture proven performance gains... same goes with radix... a healthy exhaust system can only help... a well breathing intake (incl. a 90mm throttle body) is a GREAT direction to step in, magnasun pretty much takes care of your fuel supply (in most cases). If you drive as if you want to get every penny out of your investments... its a grand idea to dig into the trans... and while your at it a trailblazer torque converter is a good choice... but just like P said... look around the site a lil and youll find way more than what you need.

good luck :thumbs:

if you have ANY questions reguarding what my setup entails... do not hesitate to PM me for info... id be more than happy (im not the only one with this setup... but i have seen/experienced the "bugs" now and again

Archived